ABOUT THE ROLE
The Account Strategist position is crucial within our agency. Owning the lifecycle of the client relationship from the first point of contact, they are responsible for building meaningful relationships throughout the client’s organisation and leveraging these to unlock commercial value for We Make Websites.
The primary focus of the role is the retention and growth of our clients, which is leveraged through impeccable client service, strategic e-commerce guidance, and strong commercial skills.
This is a dynamic and strategic position, and one that is vital to our mission of becoming the world’s best Shopify Plus agency - to work for and with.
You will be responsible for the happiness of your client portfolio and their NPS score.
- You will be responsible for increasing and retaining the value of your portfolio by winning new business and working with your client base to unlock revenue potential.
- You will be responsible for client relationships. As part of this, you will personally build strong connections with our clients’ eComm teams and any partners working with them.
- You will own critical client touchpoints: the pre-sales process, discoveries, and the Ongoing Success partnership (including quarterly business reviews and strategic planning).
- You will work closely and collaborate with your peers within the agency (Product, Design, Marketing, Development, Finance).
- You will have full commercial and contractual responsibility for your clients.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
3+ years’ experience working in a client-facing role at a digital agency.
- You will be highly commercial and come with a proven track record of building and growing a portfolio of clients.
- You will be data-driven and be comfortable using that data to make decisions and recommendations.
- You will complement your commercial and data-driven skills with a high degree of emotional intelligence and persuasion.
- You will have exceptional communication skills and be totally comfortable engaging and managing a group of stakeholders.
- You will have a passion for the verticals we want to attract - fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food & beverage, and innovative FMCG.
- You will have a keen interest in design, technology and e-commerce
- You will be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem solver.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast paced environment.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
- You will be an intelligent, articulate, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Bonus points if you have...
Experience working with the Shopify platform.
- CRO experience.
- Ecommerce agency experience.
- A technical understanding of e-commerce systems such as ERP, ESP, CRM, OMS, WMS, etc - and how they interact with e-commerce platforms.
Competitive salary based on experience + incentive package.
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday + 8 bank holidays + 1.5 additional days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Work from home allowance.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel.
- Flexible working: remote, in-office or some combination of the two. **
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed.**
- We’re a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks. Think in-office tuck shop level of snacks, only free...
- Monday morning team breakfast and monthly team lunches.
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we're currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it's safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Apply using the button below.
No recruiters, please.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Sales Executive at simonbarry.tv
- Head of Client Services at We Make Websites
- Product Developer at Zero Deposit
- Technical Architect at The ODI
- Product Owner - Ecommerce Agency at We Make Websites
- Growth Manager at Furnish.app
- Platform Software Engineer at Unibuddy
- UX/UI Designer at Unibuddy
- Mid/Senior Full Stack Developer at Wearisma
- Front-end developer with accessibility experience at Jellybooks Ltd.