Start by editing this text…Missed our careers page? Read more about what we're doing here.
About the role
Your job will be to acquire over 5,000 customers in the next 12 months. How you achieve this will be up to you.
We have acquired customers so far through three main channels: paid social, partnerships and referral. These channels may well form part of our long term acquisition mix, but we are open to all ideas that could get us there.
It is still early days for Wine List. These first customers will be formative in understanding how we continue to improve the product, and will be vital to the company's survival and success.
You will be the second hire into the Wine List team, reporting directly in to the founder, and the first marketing hire. (Prior to launching Wine List, the founder had 10 years of marketing experience).
We are looking for skills over experience and therefore welcome applications from a widespread pool of backgrounds, professions, and jobs.
What we're looking for in you
- [ ] Analytical. You love data and build spreadsheets or databases for everything
- [ ] Creative. We don't have a creative team. This means ad creation is on you
- [ ] Self-starter. We are a tiny team in our first vital year: you must act quickly and independently
- [ ] Get shit done. Done is better than perfect. Automated is better than manual.
- [ ] Entrepreneurial. We want people who want to run their own companies one day
- [ ] Humble with growth mindset. We get more wrong than right & you must relish learning from that
- [ ] Technical-ish. We don't need an engineer, but solid experience of automation tools, computer science principles, and data structures will help you stand out.
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary, recognising we're in our first year
- Generous stock options
- 28 days holiday per year
- Wine perks: access to tastings, education, and winemaker days where we learn to make wine
- Flexible working, but with a HQ office in Peckham, South London
- Access to a wide selection of marketing mentors
How to apply
To apply, you need to provide your CV or LinkedIn, three bulletpoints (no more than 250 words) on why you're right for the role, and one reason why you want the job.
Submit your application here: https://www.notion.so/thewinelist/Acquisition-growth-marketing-manager-074659a6bffb4757b47b0177edc7777b
The interview process
- Initial phone screen with founder - 30 minutes
- Challenge: timed analytics challenge - two hours
- Team interview: with founder & ops associate - one hour
We are looking for hire as soon as possible. If we are still in lockdown, then this job will start remote and then switch to be office-based in Peckham.
If you have any further questions, please email [email protected].
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Full Stack Web Developer at VERIFY MY AGE
- Quality Assurance Engineer at VERIFY MY AGE
- General Manager at VERIFY MY AGE
- VP Business Development at VERIFY MY AGE
- VP Product at VERIFY MY AGE
- Business Development Executive at VERIFY MY AGE
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Producer /Data journalist at infogr8
- Head of Product - Co-Founder at Liminal Health Ltd
- Experienced Marketing Professional at MindsDB