Entrepreneur First has a mission to build the world's most important companies by creating the most valuable career path for the most ambitious people.
EF’s bespoke programme, the first of its kind in the world, helps outstanding individuals to find co-founders and investment, and build high growth technology companies from scratch. The startups these individuals build solve big, important problems.
Our method works and has created some of the most valuable companies coming out of Europe and Asia. To date we've helped build over 80 technology companies, collectively worth over $1bn from startups ranging from drug discovery, finance, applied machine intelligence, robotics and including Magic Pony Technology who exited to Twitter in 2016 for $150m, just 18 months after it was founded at EF.
We are very ambitious for the future of EF and we believe that we have a unique opportunity to understand and develop the secret to building billion dollar companies from scratch.
EF is backed by Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) and Greylock Partners, Mosaic Ventures, Founders Fund, Lakestar and some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
The Admissions Team screens applications and manages the applicant pipeline in order to select the most ambitious and high-potential founders to join EF and start their journey.
We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes organisational efficiency. A person in this role will support the strategy for the Admissions Team to make the process as efficient as possible to identify individuals with a potential to build billion dollar companies from scratch. This role brings exposure to high volume talent processes, applicant funnels and require understanding of how pipelines work.
As an Admissions Assistant you will be responsible for
- Selection- you have a front-row seat to supporting the senior EF team members select the most ambitious talent to build the world's leading companies. You will facilitate Admissions in its investment decision-making, through tasks ranging from organising interviews to gathering data on what the best founders look like.
- Candidate experience - you will be responsible for achieving a high Net Promoter Score (NPS) amongst candidates who interview with us. Offer acceptance rate is something we set a high bar for, and candidate experience directly feeds this.
- Supporting our ATS - we use Greenhouse to manage our candidates. You’ll be working alongside the Admissions Coordinator to ensure our database stays up-to-date and clean.
- Strategy- selecting the best founders is evidence-driven. You will meet our top founders, speak to EF candidates and work closely with different functions across EF to amalgamate research and ideas on selecting the very best.
- Process design - it’s a tall order to select from 1000+ applications every six months -- with a small team to make decisions. You will have to think creatively alongside the Admissions Coordinator to design and improve a process to make quick, consistent, and effective admissions decisions.
- Data tracking, reporting and analysis - whether it’s data on candidates who drop out or quality of applicants by source, you will be data extracting and insight gathering. You’ll help us use discoveries in the data to continuously improve areas of the business.
You should excel with process, data analysis and people, be strategic but enjoy getting your hands dirty, and want a fast-paced role.
The person most suited for this role will:
- Have a strong educational background and have at least entry-level or administrative experience at a top organisation
- Have an understanding of how to make data-driven decisions
- Have worked in a startup (preferred but not essential)
To do well in this role, you will:
- Be great with people - the ability to have a conversation with anyone and be warm towards candidates is vital
- Be an expert problem solver and be able to think fast on your feet
- Be a logical thinker who is able to tackle issues methodically
- Be ambitious for yourself and for the companies we create
- Be adaptable and enjoy the ever changing environment
Reporting: You will report into the Admissions Coordinator and work closely with the Form and Talent teams.
Compensation: We recognise that this is an important role for EF, and you will be compensated according to experience with both salary and options.
- A generous holiday allowance (+ additional 2 weeks over Christmas period)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Deep dive feedback and progress reviews
- An annual training allowance to support your professional development
- Regular team events and global retreats
- Changing how startups are created around the world
- An extremely smart and ambitious team
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- Digital marketing manager at Browser
- Back-end developer at Browser
- 😇 Member Manager at Beam
- 📰 Communications Manager at Beam
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Customer Success Sr. Manager (PM exp. required) at Aha!
- Backend Engineer | Ruby | Junior, Mid & Senior at Cleo AI Ltd
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites