Are you looking to become a leader in a Fortune 100 company where you can manage people, processes, and technology in one of the leading edge logistics, supply chain, transportation, and fulfilment operations? Could you work in a fast paced environment and would you like to understand what goes on behind delivering an Amazon customer order and ensuring a high quality customer experience? Then this internship may be right for you!
The Pathways Operations Internship is a project-based, educational opportunity intended to prepare driven and ambitious students for the Pathways Program, Amazon’s highly sought after Operations Leadership Development Program. Interns will spend 12 weeks in one of Amazon’s large and complex fulfilment centres, sortation centres of delivery stations in Europe. This is a chance to learn and understand leadership and project execution by working with experienced senior management as well as front line associates in some of the largest fulfilment facilities.
You will experience operations strategy and process efficiency concepts come alive, put your analytical skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a high-priority project that will deliver significant impact to our business.
Your project will include design of a new process or strategy and require both a deep dive into data as well as implementation and testing of your solution to ensure scalability across our larger network. You will interact with senior leadership based in our headquarters, technology development teams, data warehouse experts and front line associates to think broadly about solutions to the most complex business and operational challenges we face.
· You are currently enrolled in an MBA, PhD or MSc in Logistics/Science/Engineering or similar
· If you are equipped with an MBA or MSc, significant previous experience in operational logistics, supply chain, manufacturing, transportation, general management or engineering role is preferred
· You have strong analytical skills, a sound business judgment and strong oral and written communication
· You are fluent in English and fluent at a conversational level in at least one of the following languages French, German, Italian, Spanish, Czech, and Polish in which you are applying
· Experience setting, monitoring and improving KPIs and other metric
· Experience supporting customers internally and externally
· Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen techniques an advantage
Application Deadline: December 20th, 2020
Online Assessment: Complete within 5 working days
R1: January 18th, 2021
R2: January 19th, 2021