TrueLayer’s Back End Engineers are the backbone of our API. We count on our backend engineering team to build a product developers love to use to build financial applications that interact with banks. They work on the logic that abstracts away the complexity of financial infrastructure from developers, so our users can focus on building their products.
We’re looking for a visionary senior software engineer who sees the big picture of where financial technology is headed. We want our engineers to be passionate about solving problems with an exceptionally high engineering quality, as we continue in our journey financial technology forward.
We use a range of exciting technologies including Node.JS to write our API code, Docker and Kubernetes to schedule and run our services, AWS for our infrastructure, ElasticSearch, Redis and more to get the job done.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. Our goal: to power the new era of financial innovation.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Own, operate, build and maintain TrueLayer’s APIs;
- Own new products and features, from breaking down requirements, planning tasks for other engineers and shipping to production in 3-week sprints;
- Lead code reviews and provide guidance for junior engineers to maximize their potential;
- Collaborate on the product roadmap with Product, Sales and Customer Support functions;
- Help the most successful FinTech companies to use our API;
- Contribute to our culture and help making TrueLayer a exceptional workplace;
We’re looking for people who:
- 5+ years of experience in a production environment solving complex problems at scale;
- Have a mastery of at least one Java or C#, Node.js or at least one language;
- Have experience leading collaborative engineering teams with the ability to motivate others;
- Extensive experience scaling production backend systems;
- Use data and tools to test hypothesis, throwing away their assumptions when necessary;
- Are able to empathise with users and developers alike, and elevate their voice in internal decision making, helping us build a user-centric culture;
- Are comfortable dealing with a lot of moving pieces with the ability to prioritise;
- Have a hacker mentality: you are perfectly capable of understanding cryptography and fixing the coffee machine at the same time.
- Enjoy being part of a small team and are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work.
Nice to haves:
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs;
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ElasticSearch, Redis and other new technologies;
- Startup experience during a hyper-growth phase.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Salary range £40,000 — 80,000
+ Equity: 0.05% - 0.5%
More like this
- Senior Backend Engineer at Paws
- Senior DevOps Engineer at Spektrix
- Back-end Engineer at NearSt
- React Native & Redux Developer at Leika
- Junior / Mid-weight Front-end Engineer at re:infer
- Back-end developer at Marshmallow
- Full Stack Systems Engineer Team Lead at Converge.io
- Graduate Developer at Tyk
- Senior Software Engineer at Spektrix
- Senior software engineer at Timewith