FundApps is a startup that helps investment managers stay in sync with worldwide regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. We're shaking up the industry - providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our customer's pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
Rapptr, our main product, isn't some shiny but vacant consumer app. There's real complexity both in terms of volumes of data that we deal with, and how we visualise the results of hundreds of rules running across thousands of portfolios - in a way that's simple, understandable and easy to manage.
We're a small team (currently ca. 30 people) of smart, friendly people with amazing diversity - 17 nationalities at last count. Our HQ is in Shoreditch and we have a growing office in midtown Manhattan.
We collaborate very closely and take pride in delivering an amazing service to our clients, who are some of the world's largest asset managers, hedge funds and pension funds. We currently monitor over $3 trillion in assets for our clients every day.
We've successfully bootstrapped our way to profitability, so we have an incredible amount of freedom when it comes to creating our own destiny.
If you're looking to get in to financial services and bring a strong coding / logic game, or vice-versa you're strong on financial instruments and regulation but want to get more into coding, then this could be the perfect role for you!
The Content team is responsible for reviewing and analysing financial regulations and translating these regulations into algorithms. As part of the team, you will be responsible for coding rules directly into our rules engine and working with the development team to enhance the capability and tools in the engine and its associated testing framework. You will also be involved in the understanding and interpretation of financial regulation and how this is transcribed into calculation-based results. This role involves a unique mix of finance, law, and IT with a focus on the technical aspects of the team.
You'll be responsible for a wide range of tasks including:
- Working with the team to express complex financial regulation into a domain-specific rule language.
- Creating, maintaining, and enhancing the rule testing framework to ensure that the rule algorithm follows a test-driven-development structure.
- Be the subject matter expert in coding and testing regulatory document generation tools. We support the automatic population of forms and the transmission of results to be filed with regulators.
- Researching and answering customer queries around the coding and interpretation of specific rules. This will require a high degree of understanding of financial services regulations across different jurisdictions, as well as an understanding of different financial products and their structure.
- Communicating with developers, product management, and other team members regarding modifications and enhancements to our service driven by regulatory change.
- Promoting and documenting best practices for the team around the coding and testing of regulation to ensure the highest levels of accuracy.
- Reviewing and interpreting regulatory changes from around the world to help update the content of our service.
- Excellent degree from a reputable university, with a strong preference for candidates with a technical / maths / engineering background
- Critical thinker with solid analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Understanding of financial instruments and their associated properties
- Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- Authorization to work in the UK
- Experience in the financial services industry, preferably buy-side
- Some basic scripting experience, e.g. VBA, SQL, ruby, python, to help with data manipulation
- Some experience in regulatory compliance
- Experience in acceptance testing
- Understanding of more complex financial instruments (e.g. derivatives)
- No bureaucracy, just get it done
- Relaxed, spacious office in Shoreditch with Sonos & fresh ☕
- Generous personal budget to spend as you see fit on books, conferences, training subscriptions etc.
- Peer-led learning, knowledge sharing and professional development across the company through "Brown-bag lunch" sessions on a weekly basis
- We'll cover expenses to any conference or event you're speaking at
- Bumper Fruit basket on Mondays, healthy snacks, Deskbeers on Fridays and a whole lot of social activity all week (board games, 5-a-side, badminton)
- Monthly socials (paintballing, karaoke and minigolf were all popular recent trips)
- 2 days company volunteering & 32 hours of paid personal volunteering leave to use with an organisation of your choice
- Generous pension contribution
- Half price gym membership & cycle to work scheme
- Progressive maternity and paternity policy
- Quality equipment and a fantastic location in the heart of Shoreditch
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We really strive to answer all applicants, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
More like this
- Enterprise Professional Services Lead at re:infer
- Senior UX/UI Designer at Sofar Sounds
- React Developer w/stock options (London FinTech) at Expend Ltd
- Product Manager at Jukedeck Limited
- Product Manager at Benivo
- Software Engineer | Full Stack (Lead) at Scape Technologies
- Front-end developer at Messly
- VP of Engineering at OneFi
- Senior Developer at SPYSCAPE