AppLaunch is an ambitious software development company based in Bristol. We specialise in native mobile app development partnering with businesses of all shapes and sizes - from startups to public companies - to turn their ideas into world-class apps (if we do say so ourselves). While we specialise in mobile app development we also build the services a mobile app requires in order to function, from developing REST APIs to building web applications and the tools our customers need to manage their app.
We’re a small and friendly tight-knit team who are passionate about building amazing software for our clients and helping them to utilise the latest technologies to help grow and improve their businesses.
As an Android developer you will work as part of our core development team to build and maintain native Android apps for our clients. We work with some really exciting clients across many sectors and industries from healthcare providers to bottled gas suppliers, from food delivery services to social networking platforms.
We develop all of our Android apps using Kotlin and Android Studio, though we do have some older Java code bases we maintain and continue to develop.
As an early member of our team you will have the opportunity to shape how we develop Android apps and help us improve our development processes to ensure we’re able to consistently deliver best in class Android applications. You’ll work closely with the projects designers to ensure transition from design to app is a smooth process.
- Develop native Android applications using Kotlin
- Maintain existing Android apps, which are a mix of Java and Kotlin
- Work with UI designers to translate designs into fully functioning apps - with a real eye for detail
- Work closely with our project manager to provide accurate time estimates for new work as well as updates on current project progress
- Ensure high code standards are met within all our Android apps
- Provide regular status updates to colleagues working on other elements of the same projects
- A minimum of 3 years experience developing native Android applications using Java and Kotlin and Android Studio
- Strong understanding of Android interface development and material design
- Experience integrating Android apps with third party REST APIs
- Experience working with Figma and other design tools
- Good at self motivation and organisation in order to effectively manage your own work load
- Strong written and spoken communication skills are essential as you'll be part of small and remote team
- Experience with and of the following tools, services and languages would be beneficial but not essential:
Company Pension Scheme
24 Days Annual Leave (Plus Bank Holidays)
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- Technical Researcher at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Backend engineer at Everpress
- Software Engineer at Circle Technologies