We’re on the lookout for a highly talented, experienced Android Engineer with a real passion for pushing the boundaries of mobile. Seeking big challenges within a large, specialist team of mobile engineers, you’ll have a mature attitude to risk.You’ll also be an evangelist when it comes to testing and code quality; 100% committed to the belief that these are a collective responsibility that is absolutely fundamental to delivery.
We work in a fast-paced, Agile environment, delivering sophisticated software that is critical to the operations of many of our clients. You should be constantly learning, and striving to improve your craft, and happy working as part of a cross-functional team – keen to learn from others and pass on your own knowledge to improve those around you.
We believe nothing should be an impediment for you to do your best work and we have structured the company around this principle, in order to give people the autonomy to make decisions, encourage experimentation and think big!
If you have passion, skill, and want to join a us in building great software, and continuing to break boundaries with new ideas and concepts, then apply now and tell us how you will help shape and make a difference here at The App Business.
You will be:
- Contributing to design and spec discussions and planning.
- Writing technical architecture and component specs.
- Developing fluid, reusable libraries.
- Engineering alpha, beta and release candidate apps.
- Testing and fixing.
You must have:
- Experience working in an Agile environment, and a clear understanding of how to practically apply Agile principles.
- Proven ability to work effectively within cross-functional/multi-skilled teams.
- Expertise in Android SDK.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and Behavior-driven Development including jUnit4, Espresso.
- Hands on experience in creating clean, decoupled Android Architecture using OOP and Reactive Functional Programming.
- Expertise in using:
◦ Dagger 2
- Extensive experience integrating with RESTful web service APIs.
- Expert knowledge of mobile engineering including UI patterns, data frameworks, http connectivity and performance optimisation.
- Full exposure of app development cycle from interpreting client briefs to release and post-launch maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
It’s nice if you have:
- Knowledge of:
◦ Animation API
◦ Bindings API
- Using any of following languages:
- Good understanding of visual design and UX, Material Design.
About The App Business
Founded in 2009, The App Business runs fast and lean, creating awesome products and services for ambitious clients ready to rethink their business around mobile-enabled users. Based in the heart of London’s thriving King’s Cross, we work in an environment built to help us - and our clients - excel. We invest heavily in this vision, placing the support and development of our teams, as well as our culture, at the heart of everything we do.
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we ensure we say thank you, and has lead to us ranking as 'Outstanding' in the independent Best Companies Index.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, apply now!
More like this
- Junior Tester at MagenTys
- Elixir/Phoenix Backend Engineer at Heresy
- Junior mobile app developer at Cotham Technologies
- Senior Android Developer at LuckyTrip
- Front-end Developer at Day Digital
- Senior Software Developer at LoyaltyLion
- Lead Full Stack Developer at Words Won't Do
- Junior Developer at LoyaltyLion
- Technical Lead at Stratajet