We are looking for a B2B marketing extraordinaire to join our fast-growing tech startup.
Are you an innate brand builder with a passion for all things marketing? You will probably have marketing experience scaling a fast-growing SaaS company, spinning plates to increase top of funnel demand, driving brand exposure, creating product marketing masterpieces to nudge prospects down the pipeline and revel in supporting a growing community of customers. You’ll have creative flair and a desire to do things differently and you’ll use that ability to build a phenomenal strategy to put Duel on the map. But you’ll then not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and implement it, creating magic with limited resources.
We’re all brand marketers, with a clear vision for how we can support the greatest brands in the world through content, events and community. We need you to implement it, measure what works, optimise and then refine to add value in every engagement a brand has with Duel.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team player to develop our marketing strategy from the ground up and make a significant impact to help drive the business as we move into a key point in our growth. You will initially be the first marketing hire and be comfortable building a crack marketing team working directly for the CEO.
Founded by world-record-breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador, Paul Archer, and viral games developer, Panaiotis Tsarouchis - Duel has developed both the technology and methodology to enable purpose-led brands to drive organic growth through word of mouth and advocacy.
The Duel software is a Brand Advocacy Platform that drives organic growth and retention for high passion brands. The platform scales management of the brand’s relationship with thousands of their advocates through Advocacy Programs that engage, retain and drive word-of-mouth sales.
The Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. Backed by top VCs and industry investors, Duel grew over 500% in 2020 and was featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, Rab, Kuhl, King of Shaves, Frugi and Mud Jeans and the team has consulted with over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop. Our mission is to prove to the world that companies that care for People above Profit are not only better for the planet and society, but more profitable because they generate more organic growth thanks to the advocacy of those people.
- Develop and implement the company’s marketing strategy independently and via expert suppliers initially, with specialists joining the team over the next 12 months
- Create strategies to increase our organic reach through link building, content distribution and socials.
- Hiring and managing a small team of junior marketers
- Support our growing customer and prospect community with content and events
- Refine and create product marketing materials to support sales and account management teams
- Liaise with PR specialist to drive coverage and reputation building activities
- Create content to support inbound activities
- Optimize marketing spend/ROI and tactics across paid search, SEO, social, events and offline.
- Focus on improving key metrics such as CTRs, CPC and CPA
- Run A/B tests across different marketing channels including emails, landing pages and display ads, and to scale on these channels
- Help develop multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive demand and generate leads (i.e. blog posts, white papers, re-engagement campaigns)
- Convert web and social traffic into qualified leads, using a range of targeting strategies
- Create, manage, and create engaging content across social and industry channels
- Create and execute an engaging content calendar to significantly increase traffic to the blog, page views, and other key content metrics
- Write case studies to showcase our customers & our value proposition
- Budget management and forecasting
- Passionate about all things brand building
- You will be a generalist, comfortable getting your hands dirty
- You’ll know what you’re F*$king brilliant at, but also where you need to outsource to an expert.
- Be an excellent writer, able to spot a compelling story and know exactly how to turn it into something our customers and the press want to talk about
- Completely process-driven. You will A/B test your life and have the discipline to optimise ruthlessly
- Have a fine eye for what people care about and what genuinely useful content looks like. You’re probably a total snob on the topic - top ten lists of cat memes churn and burn, long-tail content will turn your stomach.
- Be used to creating works of lead generating, publicity raising art with minimal budget. If you think the answer is spending 6 figures on conferences, this job probably isn't for you.
- You’ll be unafraid of having a strong point of you that aliens archaic incumbents.
- Be hands-on, proactive and want to get things done quickly, but to a high standard
- Have ambitious ideas of what more we should be doing and you’re ready to take full ownership of content across owned and earned channels
- Be a creative thinker who brings contrarian, provocative and remarkable ideas to the table
- 4 years+ of experience in B2B Marketing
- Good knowledge of Hubspot and other similar inbound marketing automation expertise
- Solid understanding of SEO and SEM
- You’ll know how to put on an event that impresses
- Understanding of eCommerce and/or retail preferred but not required
- Passion for the start-ups and the tech sector
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours and home working options - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- 28 days holiday. If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world - we lived on Google Hangouts long before then lockdowns.
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget, cycle to work scheme
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
We want to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about - in a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to making the business a success while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) to the email specified with the job title as the subject line.
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)
***Duel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know some folk tend to only apply for jobs when they meet all the criteria (Ladies, we’re looking at you) - if you think you might be able to do this role (or even grow into it), ping us your CV as we often pool CVs for other roles. Remember, if Kanye can think he’s qualified for the job of president of the United States, you’re probably going to be just fine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.***
Salary range £45,000 — 60,000
Negotiable with experience. Options will also be offered.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Head of Marketing at Renude
- Full stack developer at Una Health
- Team Lead at Butternut Box
- Full Stack Engineer at Applied