Fundsquire is an innovative financing company that helps high-tech businesses get access to alternative funding here in the UK, in Canada and Australia. Our service is new, it is tremendously useful to our clients and we’re building even more value into it as we grow. And we’ve grown a lot in the last two years. As we continue to reach new heights, we’re now building a stellar sales team to bring our services to the best innovators in the UK.
As Originations Manager, you will be the voice, face and personality of Fundsquire in front of our clients, who are some of the most amazing companies in the London and UK tech space. We’re looking for someone with a passion for people, for communication and with a keen interest in technology and the funding it takes to build it. This role will bring you into meetings with serial startup founders, finance professionals, venture capitalists and leaders of incubators and will give you a great opportunity to understand the startup and scale-up world as an insider. You’ll be helping incredible people fund their dream projects and bring the future a little bit closer for all of us.
You’ll work closely with the Managing Director and our credit team and will be a key member of our UK business. As an Originations Manager you will also help us to build our partner network. This includes partners in the startup, professional services & investment community here in London and around the country.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven scale-up where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our remarkable customers.
What you'll do (main responsibilities):
- Originate financing opportunities with high-tech SMEs in the UK. These opportunities will either flow through our current marketing channels and will be picked up by you, or will be generated through your sales talent and your conversations with partners and beyond.
- Identify clients that are a great fit for Fundsquire’s R&D lending proposition and start conversations that turn into opportunities and finally, into essential financing for innovative companies.
- Develop & manage our customer pipeline in Salesforce, providing weekly updates & working with the team on forecasts and hitting targets.
- Build strong relationships with clients & our internal Fundsquire teams
What you’ll do (secondary responsibilities):
- Explore, engage and drive partnership development across different types of partners: R&D advisors, B2B companies that provide great additional services for our clients, VCs, accelerators and incubators, and other types of partnerships that add value to our customers.
- Provide regular feedback to product, marketing, business development & senior management based on customer feedback, industry insights and strategic opportunities in your pipeline
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial, with a getting things done attitude. We are a scale-up ourselves so you will have the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the business.
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse professional backgrounds
- Intellectually curious and keen to learn a lot across multiple areas
- A proven track record of B2B C-level sales & relationship management experience
- Experience working within &/or servicing the startup and scale-up community
- Comfortable selling over the phone and in-person
- Happily take ownership of project & process work as we continue to scale
- Experience using technology & systems to improve business performance
- Financially Literate
Nice to haves:
- Corporate Finance and Accounting Experience
- Background in Tech &/or FinTech
- Knowledge of or experience with R&D Tax Credit or R&D Financing
- Experience starting and scaling a business or working in the startup world
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
No recruiters - thank you.
- Awesome Learning and Development Opportunities to build your career, your way.
- Flexible office arrangements from home, or from our co-working space in Shoreditch
- Join a growing FinTech start-up with offices in the UK, Canada, and Melbourne
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- Technical Researcher at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Android Developer at AppLaunch
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Backend engineer at Everpress