We’re a small team of technology specialists with an innate understanding of making web applications for the workplace. We’re team-orientated and welcome knowledge-sharing with open arms, our relaxed working environment encourages discussion, experimentation, and design-led thinking.
Working closely with our production team you’ll work on the development of bespoke web applications for our clients in the security and intelligence sectors, writing code, experimenting, and prototyping solutions that improve efficiency, streamline workflows and ultimately change the way these organisations work. You'll also be part of the team that helps to advise, architect, engineer and maintain new modules and micro-services for a global user base.
Expect to be working in an environment where maintaining an application’s performance when scaling it across our AWS infrastructure is just as important as ensuring the necessary two-step authentication security procedures are followed.
You will be encouraged to take your time when problem-solving, you’ll be tasked with experimenting and testing technology, perhaps the prototypes you build will break, perhaps not – but the knowledge and experience you will gain will be used across the applications you build.
You’ll be inspired to learn, share and develop your skills within our collaborative, cross-functional team in our friendly Shoreditch offices (where we finish the week at 4:00pm on Fridays).
Who we’re looking for
Your deep understanding of the technology sector and interest in problem-solving will play a key part in guiding the technology we choose to use. You’re comfortable using the latest tools and frameworks (plus learning new ones) and ensuring the team pick the right tools for the job. Making confident technical decisions with an open mind to future development will be critical to the success of a product.
You enjoy chatting about your ideas and concepts just as much as you like to build them. Perhaps your entrepreneurial spirit has led you to build a few personal applications of your own?
We need someone who has:
- Experience with Symfony or a similar backend framework (you should understand what dependency injection is)
- Experience writing complex SQL (for when Doctrine is inefficient)
- An understanding of AWS and the benefits containerisation tools such as Docker
- Comfortable in using the OSX or Linux command lines
- Excellent attention to detail (this is important)
- Git or similar version control systems
- A relaxed, easy going, personality (this is even more important)
It would be great if you have:
- A knack for designing good application architectures with a specific focus on building clean, maintainable systems
- Experience using Go (or a similar language) to produce small high-performance microservices
- Experience with technologies such as cache servers (Redis) and Message Queues
- Experience designing clear RESTful APIs
- A good idea for clean design (although our frontend lead will be on hand to help)
- Experience in building single page applications (SPA)
It would be absolutely ideal if you:
- Understand frontend performance issues (Asset delivery, Caching, CDNs)
- Have an interest in modern IT trends such as containerization
- Understand Behavioural and Test Driven development techniques
- Like to experiment with new tools, technologies, and approaches to evaluate their suitability and value
Salary range £35,000 — 50,000
Depending on experience
More like this
- Software Developer at Flynotes
- Full-Stack Engineer at Thriva
- Go developer at Vega Protocol
- Back-end developer at 542 Digital
- Front-end Developer at Studiomade
- Enterprise Data Engineer / Consultant at Keboola
- Backend Developer at Mporium
- Technical Project Manager at Powster