Back-End Developer at Flair Headquarters: King’s Cross, LDN
Flair is the social network for youth football players. We are on a mission to make every young football player feel like a star.
Our mobile app allows kids and teens to
digitise their football season. Week-by-week, players of all abilities use Flair
to create & share graphics, photos and videos of their matchday
performance, and follow the journeys of other players.
The Flair app went live in September 2018. Prior to that, we had already: built a hyper-engaged community, raised over £600,000 across two funding rounds, won the UCL George Farha New Venture Award, been a part of London’s first sports-tech incubator, and built a 5-person team driven by a shared mission.
This is just the beginning – our long-run goal is to become the global, digital brand for the next generation of sportsperson.
We’re hiring for a: Backend Developer (Permanent, Full-Time)
Our 5-person team is hiring a talented Backend Developer to play a crucial role in building the infrastructure that will allow our app to scale. As a Backend Developer, you’ll work closely with the rest of our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience.
· As an early employee at Flair, you’ll be able to have a huge influence on the company’s direction, both from a technological and cultural point of view.
· We’re a small team, with limited bureaucracy, so you’ll be making a big impact from day one. As we grow, you’ll be able to progress into leadership roles.
· We’re creating a community-centric brand for young people, focused around sport – your work will have a significant social impact.
· Football is the world’s most popular sport, so you’ll be building an application with mass consumer appeal and the potential to be used by millions globally.
· You’ll have the chance to meet leading names in global sport (we’ve already had a meeting with Paul Pogba, and the FA invited us to Wembley Stadium).
· You’ll be part of a diverse team, in terms of age, gender and ethnicity. We’re actively seeking to ensure our team reflects the diversity of our community.
· You’ll be able to combine working-from-home and working from our office at UCL’s Hatchery, King’s Cross – surrounded by some of London’s best start-ups.
· You’ll be paid competitively with an equity option of up to £35,000 as an early employee
· Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
· Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
· Write clean code to develop functional applications
· Perform tests to optimize performance
· Gather and address technical requirements and design requirements
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Your Ideal Skillset & Expertise
· Proven work experience as a Backend Developer
· In-depth understanding of the entire development process (design, development and deployment)
· Excellent analytical and time management skills
· Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
You might also have:
· Familiarity with mobile technologies (React Native)
· A BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
How to Contact Us
If you are interested in the role, please email us on [email protected]
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
Salary dependent on experience. Equity option of up to £35,000 available.
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Full Stack Developer at NUM
- Front-end developer at Browser London
- Founding engineer at Metomic
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Junior Web Developer at Lattimore and Friends