Octopus Energy is a tech-focused energy supplier using technology to make the green energy revolution affordable whilst transforming customer experiences.
We’re looking for a diligent and thoughtful software engineer to lead a backend team on a brand new greenfield mobile app which aims to transform the electric vehicle experience.
This is a rare opportunity to use technology to help fight climate change through driving the use of green technology and renewable energy sources in the UK and abroad. Unlike our competitors, we're a tech-led company who aim to use first-class software engineering and creative technology to innovate and provide an industry-beating customer experience.The role:
We’re looking for someone to take on the challenge of owning the webservice backend for a mobile app in the electric vehicle space. You’ll take responsibility for building the backend from the ground up whilst working with the wider product team to turn vision into technical reality.
This is a greenfield app which will give you the chance to have a huge impact and - given Octopus’s ambitions in the electrification space - influence how the backend scales to meet new challenges and creates a wider ecosystem.
Overall you’ll work closely with a small, high-energy project team to bring the app to life, within a wider organisation with a world class tech team – an exciting opportunity to work like a start-up within a rapidly scaling EnTech business.Role Requirements:
We're looking for someone with a general interest in technology and problem-solving; someone diligent and thoughtful; someone with the mindset to learn and grow with the company. We’d love to talk to you if you:
- Have experience in the creation of the webservice backend for a mobile app
- Have written GraphQL APIs
- Can discuss vision and features within a team and propose creative solutions
- Have a deep understanding of the Python ecosystem
- Write robust and fault-tolerant software
Bonus points for non-trivial experience with:
- Relational and NoSQL databases
Location: Soho, London
Type: Remote initially. Thereafter, permanent full-time onsite in central London, with the opportunity to work remotely several days a week.
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Applied
- Technical Director at Podium Network Ltd
- Data Engineer at Podium Network Ltd.
- Full Stack Developer at Podium Network Ltd.
- Product Designer at GetAgent
- Ecommerce Solutions Consultant at We Make Websites
- Founding Engineer (can grow into CTO) at Breathe Happy
- Technology Associate at Zero Deposit
- Lead Product Designer at Bendi
- Software Developer at Bendi