Strictly no agencies. Really. No agencies at all, whatsoever. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic Back-End Engineer to join the Kobas team. We are looking for someone to be a significant contributor to our web applications and EPoS software, who has experience writing modern, object-oriented PHP, excellent knowledge of SQL (MySQL/MariaDB), and previous experience working on web-applications.
Our production team is fully remote. We have worked in a distributed manner for several years and we know how to make that work properly. Kobas code has been inspired by Cornish Beaches and Spanish sunshine, and from London to Bucharest. We use Slack and Teams to keep in touch and work closely and collaboratively.
Technology-wise, Kobas is currently written in PHP 7.4 with front-end applications using React and SASS, as well as AngularJS and LESS. We use MariaDB 10.5 as our relational database engine, and ActiveRecord, Silex, and Symfony for MVC frameworks. Git is our version control system and we track feature development and bugs in YouTrack. Our production platform is 100% Amazon AWS, from Route 53 through S3, EC2 instances and of course RDS.
· Best Practice: You have previous experience in software development, best practices, and MVC frameworks.
· Tech Stack: You are a PHP and SQL expert, with excellent understanding of MVC frameworks. You have experience with version control, and with unit tests.
· Teamwork: you need to know your tech, but we are all about people and working together.
Nice to have:
· Direct experience with Silex, Symfony, or ActiveRecord.
· Experience working with legacy codebases.
· Experience developing API integrations with third-party software.
· Experience using AWS.
· Experience using YouTrack and Gitlab.
· Experience with Linux environments.
Fantastic to have!
· Experience building and maintaining heavily used APIs.
What we do
· Implement brand-new features and products, from detailed stock-control systems to a customer-facing online ordering with hundreds of thousands of users across the UK.
· Deliver continuous improvements across our platform. Our platform began twelve years ago and it gets better every day. we release weekly and react quickly.
· Problem Solving: we solve big problems for our clients and that means we need big ideas from our team.
· Fix bugs: bugs, bugs, bugs!
· Develop API integrations with third-party providers to super-charge our platform and give our clients a single source of truth.About Kobas
The Kobas team provide Software-as-a-Service to the hospitality industry, transforming operational routines from dull, spreadsheet-based grind to quick, point-and-click management, across four core product pillars: EPoS, Operations, Staffing, and Customer Engagement. Our software helps businesses process millions of pounds of sales each year. We unite with our clients so that they can benefit from our industry-leading technology, as well as ensuring that best practices can be followed, sharing knowledge amongst our clients, providing insight, and achieving maximum ROI.Location
Whilst our team is fully remote, Kobas keeps two offices for our commercial teams, with whom we keep close ties, based in Borough, London, and Humberside. We work flexibly, but our general office hours are 09:30 – 18:00 UK time. For this role, we are looking for someone who is UK based.Applications
If you are still reading, then you should apply! Please get in contact ([email protected]) and send along a covering letter, your portfolio, Github account, CV, or whatever else you have that you think will show off your skills in the best way.
We are looking for someone to ideally start in this role on 6th April 2021. The role is permanent, subject to success in a 3-month contract period.
- Phone Interview: this will be a brief chat with our Delivery Manager about your experiences and your personal goals and how these could fit with our team, how we work, and what we do.
- First Interview: a video call with our Delivery Manager and CTO, consisting of an in-depth discussion about your skills and work experience, and exactly what we are looking for in a new member of the team.
- Second Interview: if both sides are happy after the first stage, we can progress to the technical stage. This will be a video-call conducted by members of the engineering team, including a technical assessment.
- Decision: at this point, you will receive a job offer, or some feedback on your application to help with your ongoing job search.
Strictly no recruitment agencies. You must have the right to work in the UK.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Lollipop
- Work in conservation (with React Native) at Chirp Birding
- Software Engineer - Full Stack (PHP/React) at Dawson Andrews
- Head of Engineering at Zero Deposit
- TikTok Marketing Associate at Strudel Labs
- Front-end developer at Geeky Medics
- Digital Marketing Executive at Pockit Limited
- Lead Engineer at Zero Deposit
- Data Science Director at Juni
- Customer Success Director at Juni