Our current leading product, our Showtimes platform, gets over 2 million visits a week and has 2 component parts, the all movie destination (http://movies.powster.com) and the individual movie pages (ex: think Star Wars, Maze Runner, Jumanji, Pitch Perfect etc).
This product relies on pulling information from a number of third party and internal APIs in order to get the most accurate and inclusive data about movie showtimes around the world.
We need someone who is passionate about data, and gets excited about working on a long term product (and loving movies is always a plus)!
This role involves implementing showtimes data integrations for movie websites worldwide, and improving our own Showtimes API. You will work under the leadership of our Lead Data Developer to integrate new data sources from external APIs and products, maintain these data sources, improve existing data infrastructures across our products, and continue to expand and maintain our own API.
Experience working independently is beneficial, as is working within pre-existing coding conventions. Any previous experience managing or taking the lead on a large data project would be ideal, and previous work on complex data structures is an added bonus.
- Experience with Node.js on the server and frameworks available for RESTful apis
- Experience integrating APIs
- Knowledgable about asynchronous programming, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Avid user of Git/Github
- Command line essential (Bash, Zsh, etc)
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience handling large databases while in production
Nice to haves:
- Working experience with scaling and performance issues
- Working experience with big data
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- User authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience leading/self-managing a large-scale product
- Familiarity with AWS
We are a creative agency based out of the London Fields area in Hackney, with a sister office in Los Angeles, with a very friendly team of people.
If you haven’t already, please take a look at our site www.powster.com.
Powster perks include flexible working hours, roomy plant-ridden studio, private cinema room, shower, bike storage, movie premiere tickets, pre-premiere exclusive movie screenings, extremely well connected in the entertainment industry, PictureHouse membership, studio drinks fridge, desk beers, table tennis and a summer roof terrace.
Salary range £26,000 — 30,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at Alterest
- Lead Security Engineer at Daghub
- Full Stack Web Developer at myGiulia
- Engineering - iOS Engineer at The App Business
- Senior Back-end Developer at miPic at miPic
- Mid/Senior-level Node.js Developer at labworks.io
- Lead Technical Pre-sales Engineer at Cyberlytic
- Lead Multi-disciplined Software Engineer at ProxiGroup
- Senior C++ developer at ObjectBox Ltd
- Back-end developer (Node.js) at Reposit