At Pepper we're aiming to build the leading mobile platform for digitising traditional restaurant, coffee and bar businesses. Our platform consists of iOS and Android Apps, management web portals, backend services, e-pos integrations and much more.
We have vacancies for Backend Engineers to join our platform team.
We are looking for engineers who have a passion for coding, who are excited by trying all the latest tools and cloud technologies, and love to build high quality software. In the platform team, we are responsible for designing, building and operating Pepper's service in the AWS cloud, and being on-call for the things we build.
This is a highly focused role with a heavy emphasis on coding and designing for the cloud.
You'll be adding new backend services and features into our platform. That might be to support new user facing features, or to add integrations to other payment gateways and EPOS systems, or to improve performance, monitoring and deployment automation throughout our platform.
You will be using modern cloud tools and technology. At Pepper we rely on the following tools and technology:
- Typescript as our primary language
- Nodejs as our server and serverless platform
- AWS lambda and AWS elasticbeanstalk for service hosting
- Mongo Atlas / Postgres/ Dynamodb for storage
- Scalyr and NewRelic for monitoring
Who Should Apply
We are looking for mid level to senior candidates who have several years experience in a professional development team, and like to collaborate and share ideas. Apply if you like the sound of what we are doing and have experience in the technology we are using.
In particular you'll need:
- A university degree in CS, or STEM subject
- Fluent spoken English
All our developers work remotely, but we have the option to work in our London office when we need to.
Job Benefits & Perks
Remote / Home Working
Stock Options (on promotion)
Modern Cloud Tech
Work on Customer Facing Systems
WeWork office option
Development Best Practices
Start by editing this text…
Salary range £55,000 — 60,000
Dependent upon experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Shopify / CMS Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Head of Marketing at Renude
- Full stack developer at Una Health
- Ios Swift Developer at Reeltime Apps