At BuzzSumo, we have a simple goal: to provide social insights into what content is resonating with their audience. We run extensive crawlers that crawl the entire web 24/7, storing terabytes of data that need to be indexed, processed and queried. Our SaaS product is used by over 3400 customers, ranging from publishers like BuzzFeed to Fortune 500 brands like Disney.
We are looking for a backend engineer with experience in distributed systems, Elasticsearch and Ruby, who have a desire to take on new engineering challenges. This is a remote role.
What you'll be doing:
- Build new backend features for the BuzzSumo platform using Ruby as our main programming language.
- Fix production issues in a timely manner
- Identify bottlenecks and potentially refactor any code or architecture.
- Perform upgrades/migrations on existing infrastructure (ie Elasticsearch servers)
- Occasionally perform devops-related tasks (such as provisioning new servers)
- Fix product-related issues relayed by the customer support team.
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails
Note: Due to employment laws, we can only hire someone who is based in 1 of these countries: UK, France, Germany, Singapore. However, you will be working remotely.
Salary range £60,000 — 80,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- An innovative, ambitious Back End Engineer at TrueLayer
- Senior Full Stack PHP Developer at CyberCPR
- Lead Multi-disciplined Software Engineer at ProxiGroup
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- Full Stack Web Developer at myGiulia
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at Spaceflow
- Digital Marketing Executive at Cuckooz Nest Ltd
- Senior Embedded Software Developer at Amiho Technology Ltd
- Senior Back-end Developer at miPic at miPic