At BuzzSumo, we have a simple goal: to provide social insights into what content is resonating with their audience. We run extensive crawlers that crawl the entire web 24/7, storing terabytes of data that need to be indexed, processed and queried. Our SaaS product is used by over 3400 customers, ranging from publishers like BuzzFeed to Fortune 500 brands like Disney.
We are looking for a backend engineer with experience in distributed systems, Elasticsearch and Ruby, who have a desire to take on new engineering challenges. This is a remote role.
What you'll be doing:
- Build new backend features for the BuzzSumo platform using Ruby as our main programming language.
- Fix production issues in a timely manner
- Identify bottlenecks and potentially refactor any code or architecture.
- Perform upgrades/migrations on existing infrastructure (ie Elasticsearch servers)
- Occasionally perform devops-related tasks (such as provisioning new servers)
- Fix product-related issues relayed by the customer support team.
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails
Note: Due to employment laws, we can only hire someone who is based in 1 of these countries: UK, France, Germany, Singapore. However, you will be working remotely.
Salary range £60,000 — 80,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- Back-end developer at Browser
- React developer, and Java Developer at Day Digital
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Customer Success Sr. Manager (PM exp. required) at Aha!
- Backend Engineer | Ruby | Junior, Mid & Senior at Cleo AI Ltd
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer
- Backend Engineer at re:infer