Want to work with smart people on interesting problems?
We're a little biased but we think we're one of the most exciting startups in Europe right now. We're growing at an incredible pace, have product market fit, and are backed by the founders of Skype, Lovefilm, Wonga, Zoopla, Climate Corp, Albion, MoonFruit & MMC Ventures.
Cleo was founded by engineers, we care deeply about our engineering culture and making this a great place to work.
What you'll be working on?
We're a small team which means you’ll have to be diverse in your work patterns at the beginning. It also, however, means there are many interesting challenges ahead, and there will be opportunity to specialise and forge on with your own projects. Broadly, you'll be engaged in the following:
- Machine learning, from categorising transactions to understanding natural language and spending patterns.
- Payments. From paying friends to saving automatically, you’ll write code that moves money safely.
- Product. 90% of your time will be building new features and improving existing ones. We love getting features into users’ hands early, learning and iterating. We're exceptionally data driven.
You should apply if:
- You're excited by what we're building at Cleo.
- You've worked at or are keen to experience life at a fast-moving startup.
- You have experience writing elegant and simple Ruby code.
- You can move fast and get stuff done.
- You’re product-focused and care about making our users’ lives better.
Don't worry we're not going to make you invert a binary search tree on a whiteboard. We have a simple three-step process:
- A quick 20 minute phone call with the founder to get to know you and answer any questions you may have.
- Come in to meet the team and chat about your previous experience. (No whiteboard coding or brainteasers!)
- An interesting time-boxed take home quiz on which you’ll receive feedback.
Our Tech Stack
We're big proponents of doing the simple thing first, the 80/20 rule and writing clean, self documenting code. Here's our current stack:
We're looking for exceptional people at Cleo and offer the following perks to keep the team happy and productive:
- 25 days holiday a year (+ bank holidays). Stay fresh and fully charged.
- Equity in our business.
- Flexible working / working from home when you need to.
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and we’ll do our best to get them for you.
- A lovely loft office, a stone's throw from Old Street tube station.
- Cleo socials and red wine-filled retros every week.
- Fresh fruit deliveries, only the best coffee, and other snack-based perks.
- Annual team offsite.
- Regular lunch-and-learns, as part of a general learning culture. Plenty of books on hand.
Salary range £40,000 — 90,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Lead developer for a financial forecasting product at Whitespace Ventures
- Software Engineer at GrowthIntel
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- QA Tester at Rotageek
- Performance Marketing Lead at Nested
- Member Manager at Beam
- Creative brand marketing manager at Stitched
- Full Stack CMS Developer at Mathematics