Citymapper engineers come from diverse backgrounds: startups, big tech companies, and even those that have never worked anywhere before. Some come with letters after their name like “PhD” or from backgrounds in things like astrophysics; some come with no formal engineering education or from backgrounds in veterinarian compliance.
In our small team, we represent more than a dozen countries and languages. What unites us in an intense desire to create the best products, data and tools to help people move around complex cities. We breathe, eat, sleep, and dream mobility and cities from the algorithms to the data to the tools that make the data. Check out our blog at engineering.citymapper.com.
We need great engineers who are up to the challenge of making cities usable. There are features to ship, hard problems to solve, and scaling challenges to meet. The fruit is hanging low for smart, motivated people.
In addition to the app we solve interesting problems with - Citymapper Pass, a new subscription pass for London integrated with the app experience.
We have roles in the following areas:
- Backend & internal APIs
- Routing systems and algorithms
- Integrating with credit card processors
- Full-stack web engineers
- Site reliability / Operations
- (Transit or User's) Data pipelines
Experienced engineers should feel free to apply here as well and indicate any interest in more senior or managerial roles.
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Backend Developer at Marvel Prototyping
- Head of Product with strong UX experience at Verisart
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Data Scientist at MindsDB
- Data Scientist at Thespie
- Junior DevOps Engineer at Yapily
- Software Engineer, Backend (Mid-level) at Daye
- Junior Developer at Carbon Smart