About Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG.ai):
We are a leading precision medicine start-up, creating intelligent software to enable oncologists to monitor response to cancer therapy in near real-time. Our team uses applied bioinformatics, machine learning, genomics, and the experience of our associated oncologists to bring low invasive ‘liquid biopsies’ to cancer clinics worldwide. We are deep in the stages of R&D with clinical partnerships in California, the UK and Singapore, where we are working to understand the clinical consequences of tumour evolution during treatment. We have completed two tranches of fundraising; first from a large Cancer Centre and the prestigious Y Combinator accelerator program and later by top UK and Silicon Valley investors, and are now focused on growing quickly.
People who join us range from academics at leading research labs at leading universities to ambitious young developers and machine learning engineers. Joining CCG.ai means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people that share our vision of pioneering an industry. Work at CCG.ai is incredibly varied and we challenge ourselves daily. We work all over the world and often travel and socialize together. You’ll often find us chatting through interesting problems over a coffee or beer. We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, supportive and stimulating company team culture, who like to overcome challenges and drive the company forwards.
Main duties and responsibilities:
You’ll be responsible for developing, launching, scaling and maintaining core bioinformatics infrastructure and pipelines for NGS data as part of our bioinformatics team.
We’d like to work with someone who:
- Enjoys working and communicating effectively with other great developers
- Takes the initiative – we will expect you to take ownership of whatever you work on from initial direction
- Wants to grow with us – as we continue to grow, you’ll be called on to take more responsibility, mentor others and lead teams
- Is willing to learn and be open to criticism
- Has a Bachelor's degree in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology or a related technical field, or equivalent qualification or technical experience
- Loves to program with Python
- Has experience and understanding of bioinformatics tools for large-scale NGS datasets
- Has experience with Unix/Linux environments and knowledge of versioning systems such as Git
- We use lots of other stuff too, and if you’re the right candidate, you’ll enjoy picking up any new tools or frameworks you don’t already know
Useful experience (although we are open-minded):
- Experience in scalable cloud platforms (AWS)
- Knowledge of approaches to variant calling
- Experience using Docker
Competitive salary depending on experience. Also includes equity and bonus-based remuneration. Our hiring process includes a phone interview, technical challenge, an in-person interview day and reference checks. We aim to complete the hiring process within 4-6 weeks of application.
Other benefits include:
- Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field
- Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team
- Inclusive company culture
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Paid personal development days (e.g. hackathons, hosting events, learning to code)
- Potential to attend conferences and meetings worldwide
As a team, we are committed to working together to positively impact the daily lives of cancer patients. We enjoy solving complex problems, thinking around corners and bouncing forwards through learning. Most of all we care about each other and the mission we're on together. We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or your secret aversion to cucumber water. Experience in cancer biology and biotechnology are not required – all you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.
Deadline for applications: 23rd August 2019
Preferred start date: Autumn 2019
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary range £28,000 — 35,000
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Software Engineer at RMP Enterprise
- Senior Product Designer at Bark.com
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Backend Developer at Winkel Games Ltd
- Data Scientist at Ratio
- Front-End Developer at causaLens
- Data Scientist - Research Team at causaLens