1. This is an outbound, 90-95% remote sales job with excellent commission rates.
2. Candidates must be skilled at:
(a) getting appointments with key financial and business development decision-makers within educational institutions and companies;
(b) creating and making successful service and product presentations to these same decision-makers;
(c) liaising with administrative staff and educators to arrange presentations with parents of students in specified year groups;
(d) creating and making successful product presentations to these parents; and
(e) consistently meeting KPIs – including monthly and quarterly sales quotas.
3. This position is commission-only. However, within 12-18 months, a star performer can be promoted to a salaried position with global management potential – our company is expanding.
4. The figure of £59,090+ OTE has been precisely calculated, and corresponds directly to our transparent commission structure.
5. We are looking to work with dynamic, positive, persistent, talented and conscientious people. The last quality is exceptionally important – you must be serious, professional and responsible.
1. Please carefully read sections A-K below before applying for this position.
2. The application deadline date is Thursday, 18th February 2021. Successful candidates are scheduled to start the on-boarding process by Monday, 1st March 2021.
3. Candidates who do not submit both a CV and a covering letter will be automatically disqualified from the process.
4. This position is open only to candidates with UK or EU nationality and/or permanent residency in the United Kingdom.
5. Candidates with at least 2 years' outbound sales experience and/or a degree in international business, management, sales & marketing or management are especially encouraged to apply.
A. About Us
Mediolana® is an educational products and services company based in Kensington, London. We are the publisher of Higher Grades Faster!®, the world’s best academic success and productivity course – a brand new, luxury, physical product (DVD+Book set) designed by a double Newton Scholarship-winner from the University of Cambridge.
Higher Grades Faster!® is recommended by educators and designers worldwide, and distributed by our official global logistics partner DHL. Our digital marketing partners include the global media brand Newsweek®, and Internet advertising giant Kelkoo Group.
B. About the Role
We are presently recruiting an elite team of high-performance business development executives to sell Higher Grades Faster!® and its associated services to well-defined B2B and B2C target markets here in the United Kingdom. You will be an integral part of this team, working closely with and reporting directly to the company's Chief Strategic Officer ('CSO').
1. Please note that this is a full-time, commission-only role with a high and realistic projected OTE of £59,050+.
2. There are significant performance-related bonuses given for meeting certain KPIs.
3. Your employment status will be self-employed.
4. Full product and sales training will be provided.
5. This is an outstanding opportunity for people who value exceptional personal and professional development.
C. Detailed Role Description
1. Full sales cycle design and implementation. You will take ownership of the full sales cycle, including but not limited to the following functions: (i) identifying prospects within educational institutions; (ii) generating leads; (iii) qualifying leads; (iv) negotiating and (v) closing deals.
2. Product and service mastery. You will obtain audiences with and explain our company's unique selling propositions ('USPs'), unique value propositions ('UVPs') and unique experience propositions ('UEPs') to prospective B2B and B2C customers.
3. Presenting. Creating, arranging and hosting webinars (and, in the future, seminars) to deliver value to target audiences and drive sales will be a vital part of your working day.
4. Communication. You'll be confident in deploying the full range of communicational channels – including LinkedIn and other social media platforms, telephone and email – to rack up sales.
5. Administration. Completing associated administrative and document-preparation tasks – including in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word – is an essential part of your systematic sales approach that gets remarkable results.
6. Key performance indicators. Ensuring that key performance indicators ('KPIs') specified by senior management are consistently met is your core responsibility – attaining these KPIs is critical to your success.
7. Reporting. Working with and reporting to the company's CSO will be required of you on a regular basis.
D. Required Skills
•Candidates for this position must have the following technical skills:
➠Sales + Marketing
1. Full and demonstrable end-to-end pipeline building and management capabilities.
2. Excellent prospecting and lead generation development skills, particularly via intelligent, focused Internet research and empathetic outbound telephone calls.
3. Exceptional interpersonal skills, including negotiation and explanation.
4. Superlative communication and presentation skills, particularly in the context of webinars and written communication.
5. Creativity and innovation to both drive sales and improve selling and other business processes within the organisation.
1. Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications.
2. Outstanding understanding of LinkedIn and ability to skilfully and creatively deploy it in combination with other channels (telephone, other social media platforms) in social and professional selling contexts (B2B and B2C).
3. Superb proficiency with CRM systems such as HubSpot.
4. Very good proficiency with popular email clients (Gmail, Outlook, Mail, etc.).
5. Requisite expertise with popular webinar software (Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Skype).
•Preference may be given to candidates with the following additional technical skills:
1. Excellent proficiency in at least one language in addition to English.
2. Demonstrable mathematical proficiency.
3. Excellent proficiency in SPSS Statistics.
E. Professional Attributes
•Candidates for this position must possess the following professional attributes:
1. Accurate, systematic and rapid workflow execution, particularly in the context of full sales-cycle management.
2. Excellent presentational and communicational skills, especially in the context of webinars.
3. Empathetic, respectful, confident and effective telephone manner for addressing high-net-worth-individuals ('HNWIs' – specifically, parents and grandparents), educators, and educational administrators.
4. First-class written and spoken English.
5. Exceptional levels of creativity and problem-solving, not least in a commercial context.
6. Ultra-professional, presentable appearance.
7. The ability to maintain high performance levels under significant stress and tight deadlines.
8. Business acumen.
9. Technical acumen.
10. Superlative interpersonal skills.
•Preference may be given to candidates with the following additional professional attributes:
1. Previous experience of working in a high-pressure sales environment.
2. A genuine, evident interest in education and educational processes.
3. A sincere interest in reading books.
4. A strong and demonstrable interest in self-development/personal development.
F. Personal Attributes
•Candidates for this position are required to be:
1. Entrepreneurial. You must be at peace with the high-risk, high-rewards dynamics of entrepreneurial life.
2. Conscientious. Our corporate values require that you possess business, emotional and moral integrity.
3. Results-orientated. This is a position in which the numbers matter.
4. Capable. This job involves a steep learning curve and a lot of early responsibility.
5. Professional. You will be dealing with serious, professional people on both corporate and client fronts.
6. Outgoing. Outstanding interpersonal skills are a core part of this position.
7. Self-motivated. Persistence, focus and drive need to be in your DNA.
8. Analytical. The ability to intelligently analyse verbal and numerical data is essential.
9. Perceptive. Seeing where things are going well – and not-so-well – and then optimising processes based on these observations is a required skill.
10. Organised. You must have outstanding levels of personal organisation and time management, and be methodical, systematic and focused in your work.
11. Productive. You need to be able to make the most of your working day.
12. Altruistic. Caring about other people and the world around you comes with this job's territory.
13. Globally-aligned. Mediolana® is a profoundly global company in outlook; we are expanding internationally, and your work with us may at some stage involve liaising with colleagues and clients in other territories.
14. Locally-aware. You will be assigned municipalities and/or regions and/or industries within the UK, and will need to quickly develop an awareness of the specific needs of the educational institutions and/or parents in these entities.
15. Compelling. Creating and making persuasive, memorable presentations will be a significant part of your work with us.
16. Quality-conscious. You need to be able to appreciate quality products and services and how they add value to people's lives.
17. Health-conscious. We want you to value your physical and psychological well-being.
18. Patient. Taking the time to understand exactly what it is you are selling and why these products are so helpful to their target audiences is essential to maximising your revenues.
19. Diplomatic. You will be representing our brand, and accordingly must deal with people in a polite, sensitive, tactful and classy manner.
20. Problem-solving. Problems – whether technological, administrative or process-related – do happen; the ability to solve and indeed anticipate these autonomously is compulsory.
G. Required Candidate Qualifications
•Candidates for this position must possess at least one of:
1. A university degree (2:1 or higher) in one of the following disciplines:
•Sales & Marketing
•Candidates with degrees in related fields will also be considered.
2. Prior experience in selling educational products to parents, educational institutions and students.
H. What Mediolana® Can Offer You
➠Contemporary Working Environment
1. Location-flexible work. This role consists of approximately 90-95% remote work, with in-person attendance required in Central London typically once every two to four weeks.
2. Meaningful work. Our products are designed to dramatically improve the lives and future prospects of students in the 14-21 age group – you'll be directly empowering people at the most crucial and formative stage of their lives.
3. Unrivalled self-development. We give full product training to our business development executives, including taking the Higher Grades Faster!® course itself – you cannot help becoming more productive and effective by working with us.
1. High and uncapped commissions. The OTE of £59,050+ is made possible in part by our commission structure – we generously reward you for results.
2. Performance-related bonuses. Bonuses of up to 33% are given as standard for meeting certain KPIs.
3. B2C and B2B applicability. Selling a Higher Grades Faster!® partnership status to an educational institution unlocks the chance to sell copies of the course to their students; direct B2C sales are also possible.
1. Higher Grades Faster!® and its associated services address genuine and acutely-felt pain points which schools and parents are demonstrably desperate to solve.
2. An enormous amount of marketing has been built into the Higher Grades Faster!® course, including stellar authority credentials; registered trademarks; and international fashion model presenters who feature in the editorial and/or publicity materials of some of the world's most prestigious brands, including Coca-Cola®, Adidas® and Marie Claire®.
3. Higher Grades Faster!® is recommended by a prestigious global roster of educators and designers.
1. Financial rewards. Successful business development executives can expect to see their basic commission rise significantly over time.
2. International work. Similar work in other territories may become available if you are particularly successful and ambitious.
3. Management potential. Top performers may be considered for management roles in the future.
1. 'Three wins' ethos. We have been given an average rating of 5.0 (the maximum possible rating) by our partners on Upwork.
2. Ecological sensitivity. We have used 100% renewable energy since our inception, and our global logistics partner DHL uses climate-neutral shipping.
3. CSR-centric. Corporate Social Responsibility is in the very essence of our company.
I. Application Process
1. To be considered for this position, we require (a) your up-to-date CV/Resumé and (b) a brief covering letter.
2. In addition to the usual contact information, your CV should include your LinkedIn profile URL.
3. In the covering letter, please tell us why you are suitable for this position.
4. Please send your up-to-date CV/Resumé and the covering letter to our London HR Department using the reference MED/UK/FT/UH/02022021/CSO.
5. Applications sent via agencies will not be considered for this position.
J. Application Timeline
1. The application submission process begins on 4th February 2021 and ends at 23:00 GMT on 18th February 2021.
2. The first round of interviews is scheduled to follow the end of the applications submissions process. These will take place remotely via Skype.
3. A second round of interviews will shortly follow, which because of the present COVID-19 restrictions will also take place remotely.
4. We may request that you complete a short trial with us (10-14 days). During this trial, you will be paid at our basic commission rate.
5. The successful candidate(s) is/are scheduled to start the on-boarding process with us on or by 1st March 2021.
Please note that while we'll aim to inform all candidates of their application status within two weeks of receiving their requested documents, the volume of applications we receive may preclude this. Your patience and kind understanding in this context is enormously appreciated.
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to read this job posting, and we greatly look forward to hearing from you in due course!
K. Legal Notice
©2010-2021 Mediolana Limited. All content, product and/or service titles, trademarks, servicemarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. “Mediolana Metabrand”, “Higher Grades Faster!”, “World School Domination!”, “Ultimate Organisation System!”, “UOS!”, “TRABLODIS”, “Cool Time Management” and “Infinity Girls” ©2010 Mediolana Limited.／“100%!” Quality Mark ©2013 Mediolana Limited.／”Type One Civilisation” Brand ©2013 Mediolana Limited. ／“Mediolana Social Media Avatar” ©2013 Mediolana Limited. ／“Lara Chibi” ©2014 Mediolana Limited.／“Aurelia Chibi" ©2016 Mediolana Limited.／“Elmira Chibi” ©2014 Mediolana Limited. ／“Dani Chibi”©2014 Mediolana Limited. ／“Salma Chibi" ©2014 Mediolana Limited. All of the above-listed are trade marks of Mediolana Limited and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Lollipop
- Work in conservation (with React Native) at Chirp Birding
- Data Science Director at Juni
- Customer Success Director at Juni
- 🛒 E-commerce Manager at Yuca at Yuca
- Product Director at Juni
- Business Development Executive at Outfund
- Data Scientist at Outfund
- Sales Manager at Hurree
- Sales Executive at Create Success with Shurooq Sultan