As Beam’s Business Development Manager, you'll build corporate relationships that allow Beam to scale and support ever greater numbers of disadvantaged people.
You’re analytical and strategic, but someone who loves nothing more than rolling up your sleeves and making a genuine impact.
You’re a confident and articulate, including with the most senior stakeholders, and a superb presenter and communicator of ideas.
You’re a people person who’s built measurable, long-term value in your previous roles by building strong working relationships.
You’ve had previous success across the whole sales or partnerships cycle, from finding prospects to optimising key relationships.
You’re adaptable, empathetic and excited by the challenge of building the most effective ever model to help disadvantaged people get into work.
This role is based in London and reports to the COO, Seb Barker.
- Building a world-class recruitment service that supports people finishing training into great jobs which they want to stay in
- Developing a market-leading social lettings agency that helps people access and sustain privately rented housing
- Closing partnerships with partners ranging from family businesses to FTSE 100s, in industries from financial services to construction
- Building out a network of corporate partners that generate sustainable income for Beam
- Building out a network of property and landlord partnerships to support Beam’s graduates to access affordable and suitable housing
- Growing Beam’s corporate donations to become a major driver of our annual donation income
- Working to demanding company and individual KPIs and constantly looking to improve the Beam model
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with Beam members and Beam’s corporate partners
- >2 years high-quality professional experience in a startup or leading corporate in a sales, partnerships or account management role
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude - someone who thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and with presentation software (eg PowerPoint and/or Keynote) and Excel
- No need to write code, but we’ll expect you to be tech-savvy and have a passion for innovation
- No need to have come from a social enterprise, but we’ll expect you to be passionate about social mobility and social impact
- Knocking on doors until one opens - a resilience and determination to find a way to get the job done, however tough
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Nice to have
- Volunteering or paid work with people who've experienced homelessness or other disadvantaged groups
- High-quality startup experience or experience within an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience and a strong network in the recruitment, construction or real estate sectors
Compensation & Perks
- £35-45k - we're open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- Stunning coworking office in Moorgate
- Work-hard, play-hard culture with an annual mini-break
- Brand new MacBook Air or PC
- £200 annual learning and personal development budget
- 'Beam team talks' with some of the UK's leading tech entrepreneurs
We're a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and drive some major innovation, get in touch.
More like this
- Ruby on Rails Developer (CET - Remote) at Clevertech
- Community Partner at Pirate Studios
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath
- Head of Design at OurPath
- Engineering Manager at Farewill
- Lead Product Designer at Fat Llama
- Full Stack Mobile Developer at OurPath
- Head of Growth at Breadcrumbs
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Intern-slash-hustler at NG Launchpad