TechHub launched six years ago and has grown into a global community of technology entrepreneurs. Our community and programmes help startups at all stages get better faster. We have two TechHubs in London, plus TechHubs in Madrid, Riga, Bucharest, Bangalore, Swansea, Warsaw, and some very exciting announcements on the horizon about new locations. We work with over 750 startups around the world to help them scale. The TechHub network unites startups building their own tech products, enabling them to collaborate, work smarter, develop faster and increase their chances of startup success. We also have a global partnership with Google for Entrepreneurs to help our startups go truly global.
We’re now on the lookout for an experienced business development person as our Ecosystem Development Manager to help us grow and curate the most diverse and supportive community in the tech startup ecosystem; use your business acumen to create impactful partnerships and opportunities with various organisations and stakeholders in the London tech ecosystem; and create awareness of our community, members and their startups within the local startup ecosystem and beyond.
What’s our team like?
You will be in great company - every TechHub team member is smart, fun and friendly. You’ll be part of a global organisation and work with the extended TechHub family and colleagues of more than 10 different nationalities, and with members from over 60 countries.
You will work closely with our team that builds and delivers the TechHub programme and the team that supports the TechHub community and its member startups.
What’s the role like?
Join us to work in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment that’s never boring; where you’ll support smart, creative and inspiring individuals who are developing innovative tech products.
Our Ecosystem Development Managers are our external community champions. They represent the TechHub community within the wider ecosystem, curate the TechHub membership, bringing together like-minded startups who understand the value of collaboration and are able to positively contribute to each other’s development. You’ll also lead our engagement with external stakeholders and partners.
- Lead business development - you are responsible for everything related to TechHub memberships, plus business development and partnership opportunities.
- Grow and curate the TechHub member community - you will be working with our Community Development Managers and Head of Community to grow this, manage incoming applications/leads and ensure prospective members represent a good fit for our community.
- Grow our engagement with stakeholders in the tech ecosystem - you will represent TechHub externally, raising awareness of our brand and creating opportunities for meaningful engagement with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem - startups, journalists, investors, members of the government, etc.
- Brand awareness and outreach - this will involve hosting relevant events with external audiences (talks, round tables, VIP tours), participating in conferences and speaking engagements, networking, and more.
- Assess and manage partnerships - creating opportunities to engage with relevant partners in a way that generates maximum value for our community.
- Represent TechHub externally, raising awareness of our brand and creating opportunities for meaningful engagement with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem.
Our ideal candidate
You’ll be an essential member of the team and we will rely on you to be a friendly, knowledgeable and professional face of TechHub. You are:
- Experienced in business development or on the BD side of sales or marketing. Top-notch professional commercial and communication skills are fundamental to this role.
- Commercially minded - you are comfortable speaking the language of marketing/sales funnels, know your way around a business model, and have a creative and strategic mindset.
- Great public speaking skills - you're confident in front of a room with over 200 people, and you can easily engage & shine in a 1-on-1
- Creative, process-driven, proactive - while you're great at jumping in and doing things last-minute when necessary, you have strong skills in creating processes to ensure that nothing is forgotten and your work flows smoothly.
- Super organised and a proactive problem solver – great at managing your time and workload to ensure everything gets done, and skilled at balancing multiple priorities.
- Ideally a familiarity with the London tech startup ecosystem - experience working with different stakeholders in the tech startup ecosystem is a big part of this role. We’d ideally like you to have experience working in the tech startup world already.
- Comfortable working autonomously and within a team - our team is small, so being able to balance independence with collaboration is really important.
- The kind of person who goes the extra mile – you’re genuinely helpful and committed; and these qualities won’t go unnoticed with us, we believe in giving credit where credit’s due.
- Email your CV with “TechHub London BD Ecosystem Development Manager” in the subject line to [email protected]
- Include a covering letter in your email. We will not consider applications without a covering letter! Tell us why you're interested in the role and why we should hire you - we want to know why you're excited by this particular opportunity.
- Detail relevant experience and skills in the covering letter - no need to write about your entire work history - concentrate instead on the parts that you consider most relevant to this position, as outlined in the job description.
- Include your earliest start date.
- Include your salary expectations (please at least include a range).
- Be professional but with personality - don't write like a corporate drone, let your real self shine through your email.
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Front-end developer @ Techstars AI startup at Seldon
- CTO / Co-founder at Flex
- Growth lead at inploi
- Communications & Community Manager 📰 📢 📈 at Beam
- Digital Designer Intern at Pirate Studios
- Scale Associate at Entrepreneur First
- Technology Storyteller at Decoded
- Design Intern at Founders Factory
- Product Marketing Manager at Arbor Education Partners Ltd
- iOS Junior Developer at AirDates