The Role: CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
Our mission is to be the world’s most trusted social news platform. We will strive to empower ourselves and our fellow human beings to speak their truth, though each truth may be different, we are united in our desire to make a difference.
We Are The News (WATN) is a news based social media platform, formed with us, the people in mind. We are offer our users the opportunity to not only Show and Tell the news but also to Be the news. We bring together and connect people with opposing and/or similar views for the purpose of dialog and debate. Users can also share real life news footage and report how the news has affected them personally. Thereby, offering clearly differentiated objective and subjective viewpoints.
We are looking for a talented CFO (Chief Financial Officer) to join our team, with a view to launch our MVP within 6 months.
Our CFO will receive a significant portion of equity and will play a vital role in the development and success of this exciting, innovative start up.
· Execute the financial strategy of the company
· Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
· Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
· Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
· Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
· Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
· Support the CEO with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans
· Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments
· Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required
Required skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred)
· Professional accounting qualification
· 5+ years experience in executive leadership positions
· Experience of working within a start up
· Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Dynamics SL financial reporting software
· Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
· Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
· Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
· Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
- Experience of working within a social media firm or tech company
- A keen interest in the news and current affairs
Please contact us with your CV and any other information you feel may be relevant.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
More like this
- VP Business Development at VERIFY MY AGE
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Producer /Data journalist at infogr8
- Intern at NG Launchpad
- Blogger (Remote) at Fairview Wealth
- Head of Product - Co-Founder at Liminal Health Ltd
- Experienced Marketing Professional at MindsDB
- Product Designer at Verisart
- UI/UX Designer at Social Vend
- UI/UX Lead at Microtest Ltd