🏛🚀 About Claimer
We believe that discovering and applying for government incentives should be quick and easy.
Claimer is a tech company with a vision of being the interface between SMEs and government incentives, matchmaking businesses with incentives, and providing a hassle-free way to claim them. Our first product makes claiming UK R&D tax credits a breeze.
With a minimum viable product in hand, we've spent the last 18 months flying under the radar and learning all we can about the R&D tax relief space. In this time we've filed more than 380 claims, recovering millions of pounds of relief for startups, and used the learnings to build the technology that will power our vision - which goes live in July.
At the core of everything we do is people (see our values below), and so we go to great lengths to provide exceptional customer service and a hassle-free product experience.
Claimer is growing fast, backed by some of the best investors in Europe, but we need your help.
We already have some amazingly talented people in the team, but we still have some more positions to fill for the next chapter of the company's growth journey.
✍️ The Role
The Chief of Staff will be a 'force multiplier' to the CEO, helping the planning and execution of a wide variety of projects and processes, involving strategy, operations, and hiring, as well as maintaining and building Claimer's company culture. The role's key responsibility is to support the CEO in making sure Claimer has a scalable organisation that is a great place to work.
It's a highly strategic role, but also requires someone that's not afraid of getting their hands dirty with executional tasks.
We're looking for an incredibly driven and organised person that has a great mix between IQ and EQ, who can partner with Adam handling the operations of the company. They will be his strategic sounding board, trusted advisor, and 'getting things done' team member, potentially using this as a stepping stone for a more senior management role within the company at a later stage.
Here's a great description of the Chief of Staff role: The Chief of Staff role in Silicon Valley
- Serve as liaison between the team and CEO regarding the well-being of the team, ensuring our company values are aligned as the company's culture evolves
- Oversee daily operations including progress on the delivery of key milestones
- Research, plan, and kick-start internal strategic projects
- Be a sparring partner on the CEO's strategic priorities
- Support the CEO in strategy/director meeting preparation
- Identify and act on any areas that could make the CEO more effective and efficient
👩💻 What we're looking for
- 3 years+ in a strategic, fast paced position (e.g. strategy consulting, investment banking, high growth startup)
- Experience in managing small to medium sized projects (or have been involved in managing larger projects)
- Great interpersonal skills and an exceptional communicator (written, verbal, visual)
- A proven ability to execute - and not just plan
💪 You should apply if
- You are incredibly organised and enjoy the thrill of spinning many plates at once
- You're a confident and pragmatic thinker, able to quickly identify and extract the crux of any issue, ensuring meetings stay on track and projects strike the right balance between quality and speed of delivery
- You are enthusiastic about working in a startup and believe the vision is exciting
- You believe in a people-first approach and consider self-improvement, happiness, diversity and inclusion to be vitally important
- Autonomy and responsibility. Work from wherever you want - forever
- A powerful work laptop (PC or Mac) + the set up you need to do your job well
- Unlimited paid holiday (we have a minimum not a maximum number of days!)
- Contributory pension
- Perks scheme (discounts and rewards with 30,000+ brands)
- Team lunches every month, fun team gathering every quarter
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- [Java/Kotlin] Software Engineer at Claimer
- Web Developers – Front-end / Full-stack at Artlogic
- Data Scientist at Coefficient Systems Ltd
- Rockstar Commercial Director at Wishu
- Product Marketing Manager at Caravelo
- Product Designer (Insights) at CitizenLab
- Product Marketing Manager at CitizenLab
- Digital Marketer at CitizenLab
- Brand Designer at CitizenLab
- Full-Stack Engineer (Rails / React) at CitizenLab