We need a talented Chief Technology Officer to join us and help us to lead an award-winning team of people dedicated to achieving something special.
This senior leadership role is at the head of an established and busy engineering team that boasts a friendly and creative atmosphere, and is responsible for delivery of DevOps, Support and Development functions. You will drive projects forward and be responsible for delivering business growth through your team. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has experience working in a technical management role who is looking for an opportunity to work on something different.
Becoming part of our team will not be easy as we have very high standards. We're obsessed with numbers and performance analysis, we self-learn in an effort to make ourselves better and we try really hard, all the time. We will expect you to share our beliefs and be able to demonstrate a track record of success where your support has aided business growth. If you like working in a fast-paced environment, and want to make a real impact, we want to hear from you.
Engineering at Ratio
You’ll be leading a 6-person development team comprising engineers and designers, and we are growing. You’ll work on conceiving technical solutions to real life problems experienced by the tens of thousands of consumers who use our products each day. Our engineering principles give a good feel for how we work together and what we value.
You’ll iterate on ideas that need validating and scale those that have been proven. You'll chip-in to repay technical debt now and again too. Your Mondays won’t suck. Your Fridays will feel well-earned.
We’re Ratio. We make software and websites. Our main thing is building price comparison technology for the personal finance market. We also run a price comparison website called Choose Wisely. And, we’re incubating something new. We believe in simplicity, intuitive design, learning new things, bacon, fonts, family, personalisation, leopard print, gaffer tape, ergonomics, new technology, cake, fluorescent colours, functional aesthetics, pink (a lot of pink), sunsets, minimalism, getting messy, beards, new shoes, working hard, messing about, ASOS deliveries, Sunday roasts, bright red lipstick, WD40, opening experiences, whiteboards, spinning, Post-it notes, real time dashboards, and acoustic covers of powerful pop songs.
Languages: Go, Node.js
Frontend: React, Redux, PHP (Laravel)
Data Stores: A variety of SQL flavours and NoSQL too
Infrastructure: AWS, Docker (ECS), Lambda, EC2, Microservices
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A deep seated determination to succeed
- Ability to quickly get to grips with our stack
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Hands on experience and a proven track record of technology driven business growth
- Competitive salary
- 08:00 - 16:00 working day
- Free breakfast, cake, bacon, beer, gin, wine
- MacBooks, monitors, quality chairs, and whatever else you need to get your job done
Salary range £50,000 — 70,000
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full-stack Software Developer at Reducer
- Head of Product at Verisart
- Full Stack Lead at Stairway
- Statutory Accountant at ihorizon
- Product Design Lead at OurPath
- Vp Of Eng / Cto at Formalytics
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Head of Growth at Honest Health