ABOUT US.finmo empathises with the day to day struggle of freelancers and the self-employed - we get it. We appreciate the immense satisfaction and equally immense pressure that comes with being your own boss. finmo is a money management business focusing on the success of freelancers and the self-employed.
In the UK, there are 2 million freelancers who are a subset of 5.5 million micro businesses (0-9 people). This population has grown over 60% since 2000 and represents 33% of the UK employment market and 22% of the total cumulative turnover of all businesses in the UK.
finmo was built and incubated at Founders Factory. FF takes a unique approach to business creation and leverages the scale and insights from their forward thinking corporate investors to start and grow technology businesses. They’re on a mission to create a repeatable and reliable methodology to build truly innovative start-ups that will define the future. finmo is the eighth start-up to roll out FF’s incubator program.
THE WHAT.I am looking for a Co-founder.
Someone to share, in a meaningful way, the upside that comes from the business we build. The journey to build a lasting company – every entrepreneurs dream – will involve a lot of ups and downs. Importantly, the co-founder will be there through it all.
THE WHY.This is an incredible opportunity to completely own a product and build something lasting and significant. It’s an opportunity to upend a large segment of UK companies and contribute to their success.
THE WHO.The Co-founder should be someone with a broad range of experience and will be responsible for delivering the Product and driving the structural development of the business. A little about you:
- obsessed with user experience
- ideally been involved in an award winning UI or UX app
- worked in start-ups and preferably co-founded one or more companies
- is adept at managing a roadmap and understands how to make product choices
- experience interfacing and providing significant guidance to developers
- understands and enjoys the technical architecture aspects of product development
- has presented to investors
- comfortable with the economics of a start-up and understands the process of raising money
- has led and influenced teams
- is resilient
BENEFITS.We are based in the Founders Factory Offices with business and financial support and access to an unparalleled network of leading corporate partners and investors. Founders Factory has a modern, tech-focused and importantly FUN culture in an open plan office (with quiet working spaces for breakout and brainstorming) but also a beer fridge and ping pong table - all shared with many of the UK’s brightest minds and most exciting businesses.
Salary range £45,000 — 60,000
Variable with equity
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Client Success Manager at Inkpath Limited
- Head of Product & Technology at Everpress
- Senior Product Designer at Medopad
- Junior Project Manager at Lattimore and Friends
- Head of Research & Development at ihorizon
- Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps at Arkk Solutions