Are you talented, hardworking and passionate about creating positive social change?
Beam is the world's first ever platform to crowdfund employment training for homeless people.
We're brand new. And our vision is to make it safe and easy to help homeless people - and, in time, many other types of vulnerable people.
Supported by innovation funding from The Mayor of London and Nesta and by some of the world’s top tech entrepreneurs, Beam is one of the most exciting "tech for good" startups anywhere.
Join us and make a bigger difference than you ever thought possible.
Communications and Community Manager
You’ll be critical to the vital task of building and nurturing our growing community of supporters to ensure that they can help us to successfully fund a growing number of our members’ campaigns.
This role is very broad, encompassing PR and communications, social media management, copywriting, blogging and event management - among other things to get stuck in with.
You’ll be confident telling the Beam story and mixing with everyone we work with, from journalists and the media to our charity partners and most importantly, our amazing members.
The position is based in Camden, North London and reports to the CEO, Alex Stephany.
- Planning and rolling up your sleeves to execute on high-impact PR campaigns from scratch
- Drafting top-class press releases and Q&A
- Spotting and making the most of PR opportunities
- Managing the Beam social media accounts
- Email marketing to our growing userbase of supporters and partners using Mailchimp
- Ninja copywriting for our website
- Assisting our Member Support team with detailed research around employment pathways and sourcing the very best training providers for members
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Exceptional written and spoken articulacy
- Thrives under pressure and unfazed by fast-paced environments
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
- No need to write code but we’ll expect you to be tech-savvy and enjoy learning new tech
- 1-3 years quality professional experience in Comms, PR or online marketing
- Active, skilful user of social media
- Passion to be a world-class PR and Comms professional in a startup
- Paid internship
- Progression with strong performance to full-time role on highly competitive for social enterprises and "tech for good" package
How to apply
Thanks for your interest in Beam! We're only just getting started and are focused on bringing together a uniquely talented and passionate team to solve the growing problem of homelessness and - in time - other social problems.
Please email us at [email protected] with:
- a covering letter telling us:
- why you'd make a major impact at Beam
- how you'd measure that impact
- what excites you about Beam, and
- where you saw this opportunity
- your CV, and
- a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Can't wait to hear from you!
The Beam team
ps We're a small team facing a very large volume of incoming emails and applications, so I'm afraid we can't offer individual responses and feedback.
If you don't hear from us within a week, it'll be because we don't see a strong fit. Sorry! But we promise to review every application very carefully and quickly.
More like this
- PR Executive at tails.com
- Business Development and Startup Specialist at SeedLegals
- Backend developer (Ruby) at ThanksBox
- Local Marketer and & Communication intern at Geoblink
- Developer of any coding language at hackajob
- Head of Marketing at Makers Academy
- Content Writer/ Content Lead at Akkroo
- Growth hacking / Digital marketing intern at Rock Mission ltd
- JS and React Native Developer - contractor, London at Aurity
- JS and React Native Developer - all levels, London at Aurity