London HQ 🌍 Bristol UK, Melbourne, Tel-Aviv, East Coast USA | 50-100
Our ‘Why’, ‘How’, and ‘What’
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founders choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network, and enable the best of the world’s startups to achieve their own vision.
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world’s fastest growing tech startups such as Songkick, Mixcloud, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that’s why you will interact with Founders, Financial Directors, CFOs, COOs and Office Managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.
A day in a life of Compliance Manager will include reviewing lead schedules prepared by our dynamic delivery teams. Review and carry out reconciliation checks on items such as fixed, assets, payroll and VAT returns. Your day may be filled with preparing stats accounts to the file with Companies House or preparing corporation tax computation and file tax returns. Your day will always be filled with developing the internal team and being a fantastic people manager.
As the successful candidate you are likely to be:
- ACA/ACCA fully qualified with at least 3 years Manager experience in a UK practice (likely to be min 5+ years PQE)
- Experience of managing a team dealing with statutory accounts preparation, corporation tax computations and Company Secretarial compliance.
- Specific Experience with FRS102, transitional arrangements, accounting for share based payments and Leases.
- Experience of final manager review of statutory accounts and corporation tax computations and associated file preparation for final partner review.
- Liaison with the internal management accounts team, R&D tax credits team and Tax team as needed to deliver Stat Accounts within the agreed SLA’s.
- Managing liaison with external Audit teams.
- Exposure to personal tax issues.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Looking to progress to Director Level
One of the key tasks will be to assist in the migration of our clients from IRIS to the new Xero Tax product. Ideally worked with IRIS accounts production software, Xero Tax, accounts and some experience Company Secretarial software.
What we offer you
🚀 An opportunity to work with the world’s leading tech startups.
⚖️ Autonomous and flexible work style
🍕 A fully stocked kitchen for breakfast & lunch.
🎉 Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks, and dinners thrown by our very own social committee.
💚 Green Team - environmental catch-ups and initiatives.
💻 Tech - all of the latest tools you need to get the job done.
🌟 Personal Development - we’re harnessing a culture of learning and want you to have the chance to become a leader from day 1.
💸 Profit Share - after 1-year service, you’re eligible for our profit share scheme.
💎 Pension plan with a 3% employer contribution.
🌴 22 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and Xmas eve to NY office closure.
Start by editing this text…
More like this
- Sales Consultant at Sook
- Head of Product at PetaGene Ltd.
- Programme Analyst at Entrepreneur First
- Back-end Engineer at Elemendar
- Technical Architect at The ODI
- Salesforce Developer at Avieco
- Wholesale Lead at Anther + Moss
- Technical Co-Founder/Startup CTO at Carbon13
- Founding Engineer (can grow into CTO) at Breathe Happy
- Senior Software Engineer at Visualist