This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the P2P risk and regulatory compliance function at Just Lend, a fintech startup, and see the company grow and develop once the new business is launched.
The role’s core responsibility is to report on and test the effectiveness of regulatory and operational risks in the P2P business. The role will be responsible for the CF10 and CF11 responsibilities.
This is a flexible part time position. We are looking for someone who has a passion for entrepreneurship and is a team player.
Whatever your situation, be it a parent returning to work or semi- retired, we are confident this role will flex around any ongoing personal commitments you may have.
- Oversee a risk-based compliance programme, maintaining appropriate oversight across the business; identification, documentation and assessment of the regulatory, operational and conduct risks associated with the firm’s activities, including the development of new products, business practices and financial promotions
- Supervise the monitoring and testing of regulatory compliance control effectiveness by performing sufficient and representative tests;
- Advise and challenge on projects and initiatives across P2P activity where there are operational, regulatory and conduct risks
- Liaising with other team members to ensure a consistent risk-based approach is achieved
- Provide Compliance approval for the business for the development of new products, business practices and financial promotions for the P2P product
- Oversee the breaches log to ensure that identified deficiencies and incidents are followed up and where necessary, making recommendations for amendments, including the Client Money breaches log and collaborating with other team members to ensure that any incidents are followed up promptly
- Report to senior management, the Board/Risk Committee and the regulators where appropriate, on compliance matters, such as regulatory risk assessments, including any changes in regulatory risk, summarising any identified breaches and/or deficiencies and the corrective measures recommended to address them
- Present risk assessments to the Senior Management/ Board
- Recommend control enhancements to ensure risks remain within our appetite
- Maintain the regulatory relationships and ensuring the regulators are kept informed of any notifiable events
- First line Risk and/or Compliance management experience within a FCA/PRA regulated retail financial services firm
- Good regulatory knowledge of CCA (CONC), SYSC, CASS and COBS.
- Ability to challenge business products and processes to ensure regulatory compliance and to manage and influence regulatory and senior management relationships
- Ability to communicate well with all team members to ensure regulatory knowledge is transferred and applied through your open and inclusive approach. You are comfortable with an agile approach to business change using your skillset to enable business development
- Passionate about innovative finance products with a proven ability to work on several projects and under tight deadlines
- You are a natural problem solver and have an ability to anticipate regulatory risks
- Extremely customer focused and motivated by positive customer outcomes
- Excellent organisational skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Tech Lead - IoT/AI Device Software/Hardware at Archangel Imaging
- Marketing Executive at Hemming Group
- Software Developer/Engineer at YouBe
- Engineering Manager at Farewill
- Lead Technology Engineer at Swoon
- Software Sales Person at Crozdesk Ltd
- Senior UX Consultant at Pirate Studios
- VP of Engineering at Everpress
- Content & Community Lead at Kandidate