We are looking for a tech-obsessed content creator to join our fast-growing marketing-tech startup.
This role is aimed at someone that has a deep-rooted love for storytelling across multiple mediums. The ideal candidate will have a passion for using words and ideas to inspire people in all sorts of engaging ways. You’ll most likely be a creative thinking individual who is fascinated by and has a strong background in content marketing.
We are looking for a Content Manager to help us establish Brand Advocacy as the most exciting category emerging in the Marketing world today.
We have ambitions to be the clear thought leaders in the space. We want to do for Advocacy Marketing what HubSpot has done for Inbound Marketing. With this in mind, your role will play an integral part in Duel’s success and contribute massively to our growth as we move into this exciting phase of the business. You will have the full support of the team in this mission-critical role and, through training, earn the complete autonomy that goes with becoming an expert in your discipline.
By working closely with Duel’s Managing Director and our Head of Growth, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the business and the industry. With this knowledge, you will assist in the category creation of Brand Advocacy Marketing through engaging content, case studies and other marketing materials. That content will add real value to the passion-led brands we work with today (our Brand Partners), as well as our wider community of Brand Builders - helping to spread the word on this innovative and dynamic new discipline.
Duel was founded by world-record-breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador Paul Archer, alongside viral games developer Naio Tsarouchis. They set out to develop both the technology and methodology that enables purpose-led brands to drive organic growth, powered by communities of advocates.
Duel’s Brand Advocacy Platform allows brands to do just that - scaling how they manage their relationships with thousands of advocates. This unprecedented ability to manage their communities is built around programs that engage and retain customers, accelerating word-of-mouth sales.
The Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, Frugi, Rab, KUHL and Tropicfeel, and the team has consulted for over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop.
The Duel team is also especially proud of being featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category.
Everything we do with our brands at Duel is about growing through communities of advocates. The way we grow is no different.
You’ll be responsible for creating, distributing and measuring the brilliant content that gets us noticed. From articles, case studies, events, round tables and much more - both online and offline - you’ll create the tools for growing and nurturing the Duel community. Supported by Brand Strategists and a team of Community Development Reps, your content will be distributed to nurture our CRM (HubSpot) and our wider community. This will go alongside reaching out to other brand builders around the world to join.
- Development and delivery of blog posts, video content, webinars, social media, website content and email to attract and accelerate leads through the entire sales funnel
- Development and implementation of Duel’s high quality, SEO friendly content marketing
- Leveraging Hubspot to automate digital marketing funnels that deliver results
- Manage Duel’s email marketing channel to increase content distribution
- Manage the website to ensure it reflects our brand while attracting new leads
- Report on activity and results, and proactively seek out new ways to improve them
- Assisting the team with a variety of other tasks on occasion e.g. copy for clients, other strategy pieces, or account management
- You have a completely multimedia approach (written, podcasts, video… it’s all the same for you - it's the message that counts).
- You will care deeply about understanding your customer so you create content they truly need. And you’ll have the processes to prove it.
- A creative thinker who brings contrarian, provocative and remarkable ideas to the table.
- You’ll be an innate and natural storyteller - an excellent writer, able to spot a compelling story and know exactly how to turn it into something our brands and the press want to talk about.
- Strong teamwork skills - we work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Proactive about learning new ideas and techniques - you want to be the best in your field and you work hard at it.
- Excellent self-organisation, time management and project management skills.
- Willing to get stuck in and get your hands dirty to help the wider team - even if it’s different!
- Data-driven and knows which metrics to measure for your goals.
- Completely process crazy. You will A/B test your life and optimise ruthlessly.
- Excellent communication skills: proven ability to articulate ideas and concepts in written form, presentation form in both pre-planned and ad-hoc scenarios.
- Very curious and aware, you know who’s doing cool stuff and use it to inspire you.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Experienced working in a MarTech provider would be preferable
- Some understanding of the following platforms: Hubspot, Google Analytics, Adwords, Google Keyword Planner
- Expert knowledge of current content marketing best practices and latest strategies.
- Interest in new product launches, ideally for innovative/disruptive products that create their own category
- Experience in a fast-growth SaaS startup would be preferable
- Extensive knowledge of social media, digital and mobile marketing
- Experience with tools like Google Analytics, MailChimp and Hubspot
- Working knowledge of SEO tactics and how to rank well in search
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- Full remote option - we’re a remote-first company, so if you don’t need to be in the office then you can do the work required from anywhere in the world (Google Hangouts is a wonderful thing). Ideally, we would like you to come to London around once a month to connect with the team.
- 28 days holiday (and we don’t really count)
- On-going training where required
- Perks: Gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget, cycle to work scheme
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
- Competitive salary
We’re on a mission to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about. In a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to making the business a success, while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
Salary range £35,000 — 45,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at NearSt
- iOS Developer at Pi-A
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Client Success at VeryConnect
- Senior Software Enginer at Hexarad
- Software Engineer at Hexarad
- Sales Development Representative at PayFit UK
- Customer Success Associate(German Speaking) Remote at ev.energy