Want to help make the digital world a nicer place to live in?
WhatUsersDo is a SaaS platform and service that helps businesses understand the 'why' behind the 'what' of their customer data. We do this by providing on-demand videos of real people engaging with our customers’ websites, apps, and prototypes to provide insights into how they can improve their user experience (UX). Which, if we’ve done our job properly, means fewer crap websites.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager who wants to take ownership of our goal to further the UX cause with a message that’s simple, fresh, and doesn’t just follow behind everything else that’s out there.
You’ll be part of our small but extremely fabulous marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working alongside our Customer Marketing and Social Media Marketing managers, you’ll be helping to craft creative content both for our current customers and all the customers-to-be out there who are just waiting for the right message to push them off the fence.
We’re hiring because our previous content writer and strategist has moved on (it’s ok, we’re totally still friends). That’s why there’s an established tone-of-voice, strategy, and a body of work and results. What this doesn’t mean is that we’ll always be like, “so-and-so used to do this!” or be prescriptive about how we achieve things. What it does mean, however, is that our content game is in a strong place from having experimented and learned a lot already, and we’re looking for someone who can either:
a.) pick up the ball and run with it
b.) pick up the ball, change the shape of it a bit and then run with it (kind of like rugby, I guess)
c.) throw the ball out of the window, pick up a different ball, and run with that one
d.) non-ball-related analogy
Either way: it’ll be down to you to either continue with the momentum we already have, or take a risk on a new direction based on what it could mean for our brand and business.
- Believe good writing sits at the core of all effective content (even if it doesn’t involve words)
- Have spent at least a couple of years working in a similar role or industry, producing B2B content aimed at digital professionals. If you have less experience but are just super talented, get in touch anyway ;)
- Might not have a degree or qualifications (if you do, great!), but definitely do have the evidence to back up your expertise and passion for all things content marketing
- Have experience working with a range of content, whether words or visuals (even if you can’t necessarily produce all of these), and a strong understanding of how to promote them and measure the results
- Are not afraid to have an opinion (we’re not looking for more corporate blah-di-blah-blah—there’s enough bullshit in the world already)
- Have a strong interest or experience in the world of user experience (UX) and the wider digital industry
- Want to work collaboratively with a small but ambitious marketing team who have made a lot of progress in a short period of time
- Care—we'll provide regular training and support to make you the best you that you can be
- Like to experiment, and we’re not scared to fail (although we much prefer to succeed)
- Have a tech stack (Marketo, Salesforce, Wordpress, Unbounce, Optimizely and countless other tools) to help you create, measure, and promote your content
- Love data, but we’re not IN love with it — meaning we use it to measure the effectiveness of our marketing activity, but we always leave room for some good ol’ human intuition and creativity
- Are committed to diversity because we know it makes us so much stronger.
My name is Tom, and I’m the Head of Marketing at WhatUsersDo. If you think this is a good opportunity and want to apply, let’s start a conversation about how we can work together. And no, most conversations don’t begin, “Dear Sir/Madam...” :)
Salary range £27,000 — 37,000
More like this
- Product Marketer at Akkroo
- Software Engineer at Ding Products
- Marketing Lead at Dem Dx
- React Native & Redux Developer at Leika
- Senior Mobile Developer. at expodo
- Customer Operations Executive at CharlieHR
- Customer Service Representative at Midrive Limited
- Customer Service Manager at Midrive Limited
- Marketing Lead at Laka
- VP Sales at Sideways 6