Are you a creative, organised and ambitious professional who is passionate about sustainability? Do you like the idea of working for a future food and materials innovation start up, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges? If so, then working at Oceanium will definitely float your boat. We are seaweed evangelists on a journey to ‘Kelp the World®’.
Our mission is to develop and make seaweed-based products for people health and planet health. Utilising a biorefinery approach, Oceanium develops products from sustainably farmed seaweed to meet the growing consumer and corporate demand for home compostable biopackaging, and plant-based food & nutrition ingredients.
Reporting directly into the CEO, you will play a central role in the development and management of Oceanium’s brand and corporate affairs as we continue to grow at pace and prepare to launch our first products. This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative individual, who has demonstrable interest in sustainability, to develop and grow within a start-up in an emerging sustainable industry.
- Act as the brand guardian to ensure the brand is accurately represented both internally and externally, across all touch points.
- Support projects with external agencies and partners to develop branded or co-branded assets such as videos, presentations or event collateral.
- Support Business Development Director in partner/customer facing contact as we prepare to launch product providing support with marketing materials, market analysis and research.
- Provide support to CEO and CFO for Seed and Series A fundraising campaigns including scheduling, updating materials/decks/databases.
- Update and monitor the Oceanium website, blog, and social channels.
- Support corporate communications channels including blog, newsletters, LinkedIn, newsletters.
- Organise events and product exhibitions.
- Press monitoring for relevant financial, product and industry news.
- Update and manage company databases for investors, stakeholders, suppliers, press.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO.
Skills and competencies
- Prior marketing and admin experience would be an advantage.
- Experience managing social media accounts, email campaigns, website updates and contact databases.
- You will have strong IT skills, including Office 365 – Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who is keen take the initiative and as well as manage varied tasks assigned to you.
- A proactive team player who is always willing to help those around them.
- You will be confident and professional dealing with internal and external stakeholders, treating all of our partners with fairness and integrity.
- You will be excellent at building and managing relationships and confident owning and leading projects.
- You will be highly organised and be able to manage projects in order to meet tight deadlines/budgets.
- You will have excellent communications skills; the ability to write and present succinctly and eloquently.
If you feel that you have the right blend of capabilities and experience as well as the ability to make a significant contribution to Oceanium please send a cover letter, current CV, salary requirements and availability to [email protected]
At Oceanium, we recognise the value of a diverse team and we are committed to and
encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Reasonable adjustments are available to support candidates through the application and
interview process. Please note all offers of employment are subject to continuous eligibility to
work in the UK and satisfactory pre-employment security screening which includes a DBS
Salary range £28,000 — 28,000
More like this
- Product Manager at NearSt
- Product Marketing Manager at sweatcoin
- Product Designer at Encore
- Product Owner at SH:24
- Partnerships Lead at Sideways 6
- Chief Growth Officer at Vintage Cash Cow
- Senior Mobile Developer (React Native) - Health at Bearable
- Product Manager at Happity Ltd
- Senior Developer at Happity Ltd
- Senior Backend Developer at Wayhome