Starred has the vision to improve the way clients can give feedback and make it much more easy and fun, because we see growing survey fatigue as an increasing problem in a business environment where listening to your clients is key to fight the loss of clients and to grow the number of super promoters. Companies have taken respondents for granted. Therefore Starred puts the respondent first and provides relevant insights to companies to improve their business results.
Starred is growing exponentially, both in the Netherlands and in the UK. We’re already working for fast-growing and fun clients like Spotify, PayPal, Catawiki, and Nextdoor, and for more established companies like Nestlé, DHL, Santander and Heineken. Because of our international expansion, we're looking for a Country Sales Director to grow the UK business.
The Country Sales Director will be based in London and will be in charge of business development, the operations, team management, and financial performance in the UK. As Country Sales Director, you are in charge of leading, developing and implementing all sales and sales-supporting activities in the UK. You will be the primary Salesperson, and your key responsibility is to meet and exceed profitable sales growth targets (albeit over time you'll be able to delegate more as the team grows and become more senior).
Your areas of responsibility include:
- You are responsible for revenue, cash and quality targets. You will oversee and agree on annual budgets and produce a detailed annual business operating plan including monthly, quarterly or annual targets (for revenue and cash).
- You report to the Founder on a monthly & quarterly basis. You manage, hire and train local staff, including performance monitoring. You ensure to deliver customer success, which will result in retention and upsells at our client base. You need to land and expand.
- You identify customer needs and conduct needs assessments, developing a sales strategy and market development according to given conditions.
- You will get a complete management responsibility including hiring, performance evaluations, coaching/development, discipline, and terminations.
We’re seeking an experienced and proven SaaS leader with a demonstrable track record of new business success selling high value, enterprise class software solutions. This is a unique opportunity to work in close collaboration with an already successful team to support the high revenue growth of an exponential company. You will develop opportunities in large and enterprise companies, create meaningful relationships and be able to drive them through the cycle to close.
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in B2B technology sales or SaaS sales experience and contacts strongly preferred. You have experience closing GBP 25k+ deals.
- This is in no way an entry level role, so you will need to show a proven track record of success selling within a SaaS, solutions/software arena and predictably meeting and exceeding revenue objectives. Either of these is a must as it is needed to hit the ground running.
- Experienced in opportunity creation and demonstrated ability to develop new markets and territories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; adept at presentation to customers and senior management
- Proven ability to manage prospecting efforts, sales process, pipeline, late stage deals, and contracts
- Understanding of standard business processes, including accounting, required
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment. Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong logical, analytical, and good technical aptitude coupled with the ability to understand new technology quickly
What you are:
- A born leader and people manager. You have experience leading a team of Sales Managers, Account Managers & Business Development Managers
- Highly motivated, passionate and driven towards new business development, sales, and account management always striving for success.
- Overachiever with a passion for succeeding and relishing a challenge in an enterprise development
- Diligent work ethic; must be self-motivated with a highly collaborative style and strong influence skills and able to take the initiative to get the job done. Detailed, organized and results-oriented, with ability to effectively prioritize
- Entrepreneurial flair with a passion for emerging technologies
- You build relationships and network through complex organizations with multiple stakeholders in longer cycles
- Capable of not just delivering but also seeing the strategic bigger picture to grow the business sector
Compensation and perks
- Full-time salary, negotiable based on experience and a Quarterly Sales Commission
- At Starred we believe in ownership: ownership of your job, but also financial ownership; therefore you will become a Starred shareholder
- As an early member of our team, you’ll help in shaping the business direction of the team and company
- Working directly with the Founder and having a huge impact on fun customers
- Working in the heart of the London startup scene in Shoreditch
- Great onboarding in lovely Amsterdam
Salary range £60,000 — 120,000
More like this
- Lead Technical Pre-sales Engineer at Cyberlytic
- PHP Full stack developer at TicketTailor at Create and Adapt
- Full Stack PHP Developer at RampTshirts.com
- Business Development / Client Services Analyst at The Accountancy Cloud
- Front-end Engineer at Top10VPN
- Account Manager - B2B tech at Grammatik
- Creative Director (UX) at Steer73
- SEO and Content Specialist at Pandable
- Head of Software Engineering at District Technologies
- Community Project Manager at Freelancer.com