Steer73 are a Digital Product Development Agency. We work with a wide variety of clients to understand their needs, shape their product and then deliver the development work. In many cases we are their inhouse product, design and development team. From single native apps to enterprise systems for the government, we tackle everything. We take a client’s problem and give them a solution.
We have our HQ in London, where our product and commercial team are based, and offices in Kiev, Ukraine and Chennai, India.
As our Creative Director you will be expected to lead all UX work on several projects. You will work with the Product Director and product team on the investigation and ideation phases, as well as the composition of the product solution. You will be one of the key company representatives to the client and lead on communicating the UX solution that you develop. You must be a confident and articulate communicator, conveying the value the company brings to our clients.
You will be confident in making decisions, explaining your processes and thoughts both internally to the team and to our clients, and have experience of consultative agency approaches, where we need to lead the client and not the other way around.
You will work with the Commercial Lead where required, and work with a Product Manager to understand the needs of the client, gather the requirements for not just what they say they want, but what they really need. You’ll guide the product team and contribute the internal development of the product team skill sets.
Working alongside the Commercial Lead and Product Lead you will attend client meetings to discuss the product needs and the proposed solution.
As you develop the product’s UX you’ll work with the client to explain and confirm how the UX meets the business’ requirements, as well as clarify how the underlying core assumptions and hypotheses have shaped the UX.
Experience of leading other UX designers and graphic designers would be expected.
The current design team is small, but expected to grow in the coming year. You will oversee the existing team and help grow it in line with company and project requirements.
You will also be expected to contribute to the estimation of work and the communication of your UX solution to the development team in a clear and unambiguous way.
You will be working on 3 to 4 client projects at a time, which whilst interesting will also be demanding, and you’ll need be able to clearly prioritise your time and efforts.
Sounds interesting? It is. Sounds challenging? It really is!
You should have a good knowledge of all user experience design processes, and on top of these you should:
· Have a Bachelor’s degree
· Ideally have a Master’s degree in a design related field (HCI, interface design, graphic design, etc)
· Ideally have over 10 years of industry experience, and experience presenting to clients (but we’ll consider any level of experience so long as the required skills can be demonstrated)
· Have good experience and clear understanding of user centred design
· Be proficient in key design and office tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Visio, Office, wireframing tools)
· Enjoy a client facing role
· Have excellent analytical skills
· Be a clear communicator with great writing skills
· Have the ability to work on multiple, disparate projects at one time
· Have the ability to lead and grow a design team
· Have an understanding of the software development lifecycle and a pragmatic approach to digital product design
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Attention to detail
· Confident presentation skills
· Full SDLC experience
· Knowledge of Agile Scrum / Kanban
· A good understanding of user stories
· A good understanding of acceptance criteria
· Ability to guide a QA team on UX testing criteria
· Design packages (Sketch, Photoshop)
· Wireframing and prototyping tools of your choice
· Trello and JIRA
· Word, PowerPoint
More about the company
Steer73 are a small company. The most important factor in our hiring is that we get on. The company has more than tripled in size over the last year, so while we remain small and dynamic, we are growing quickly.
We have a flat management structure, and we look for people who want to get things done, are comfortable making decisions, take ownership of their roles and want to progress their own skill set.
The big benefit of joining Steer73 is the chance to work on high profile, meaningful projects for a wide range of clients and industries as part of a business with deep and cross sectoral expertise.
Salary range £60,000 — 90,000
We require someone with over 10 years of relevant experience
More like this
- Experienced Software Developer at Dexda
- Web Developer at Flash Pack
- Operations Managers/Associates at Lyvly
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Test Engineer at QuantSpark Ltd
- Full stack Developer at QuantSpark Ltd
- Junior Marketer at Maison Sport
- Front-End Developer at BETR Lend