We are on a mission to change the way people commute and exercise, all by-cycling.
ByCycling is a growth stage startup that developed an effective way to help companies get employees out of their cars and get them cycle. We created an easy autonomous cycling-recognition app that can tell when you are cycling and how much you are cycling automatically, without the need of even opening the app.
The app is linked to a bike stimulation platform to help organizations keep track of the data and to unlock incentives options for employees, such as cash incentives or extra vacation time, in exchange for their commitment to cycle to work.
We have been working with great companies such as Facebook and KPN, which helped us to test and validate our approach.
We are seeking for an entrepreneurial person to join us. Candidate should have a passion for building elite-teams, ideas, apps, architectures and platforms. Your profile alone should be attractive to investors, talent and partners. You will be working with a team that is fast-moving, fun and creative but more importantly extremely dedicated, focused and ambitious!
The opportunity is to build and re-shape the ByCycling technology and to come up with newer and fresh ideas; you’ll work closely with the CEO & founder in scaling the business, to set milestones and then work where you need to meet them. In turn, you’ll own the technical product development side of the business, contributing your product management and engineering expertise.
The right person will be exceptionally ambitious, driven, able to wear several hats, adapt and strategize quickly without much direction, and assist with recruitment/management as we grow the team. You should be passionate about the potential to make a huge impact in this world. This is a long-term game, so your personal values must align with our company’s vision and mission.
You will take full ownership over all aspects of the technical product, including iOS and Android apps, back-end API/database to maintain stability, address bugs/issues, adding features and functionality as we scale.
If you share an entrepreneurial drive and a vision of creating cutting-edge, customer-centric solutions, this could be your chance to get in on the ground floor of a truly innovative venture.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the current technology platform and mobile apps.
Develop a plan to build own technology platform and backend architecture.
- Hire and Manage in-house technology team to drive the platform execution.
- Develop the vision and road map of the organization's technology strategy. Lead the architecture and execution of it.
- Identify new technology trends and keep an eye on consumer's evolving behavior in electronic and mobile commerce.
- Lead strategic planning and prioritization exercises across different functions for IT projects, resulting in visible milestones and delivery timelines.
- Establish risk and governance processes. Ensure safety and security of company data and user's privacy information.
- Ensure that latest technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share and communicate company's technology strategy with partners, management, investors and business stakeholders.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience in building complex, internet-based systems and algorithms.
- 4+ years of experience in mobile development for iOS (Swift) and Android (Java).
- Entrepreneurial problem-solver person: resourceful, results-oriented and efficient.
- Excellent Communicator: ability to translate complex messages into simple points without losing the impact
- Strategic Thinker: thinking beyond technology to end-to-end customer and market needs today and into the future
Bonus points for:
- Experience with managing a team
- Experience in founding and scaling a business
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with frontend development
- Experience with Backend development
Personal qualities we highly value:
- Hungry: for knowledge, challenge, action and result
- Idealistic: big dreams, mission matters
- Unorthodox: lateral thinking, not bound by conventions, keen to challenge the status quo
- Team player: empathic, common cause above personal agenda
- People person: Good emotional intelligence and proven ability to work across diverse personality types
What we offer:
- Fair startup compensation, plus 30%+ in equity (based on level of commitment and expected value)
- Flexible work pattern, including remote working if necessary, flexible hours to suit both your needs and that of the business
- Chance to explore the Dutch and International startup ecosystem
- Chance to work in a dynamic startup workplace in an English-speaking environment, working together with people from different nationalities.
- 2 different locations in Zoetermeer, mainly Dutch Innovation Factory
- Access to an amazing list of world-class advisors, investors, other serial entrepreneurs and ecosystem builders.
- Great atmosphere and culture where we celebrate achievements
Is this something for you?
If you recognize yourself in this profile, then we would love to hear from you! Send your CV and short motivation letter explaining why this is the job for you, to [email protected] or via this website. If you have any questions before you want to apply, do not hesitate to contact us, we are happy to give you more information.
Salary range £1,300 — 1,600
Dependent on experience and equity taken (30%-40%)
More like this
- Front End Developer at ContentCal
- Product Manager at ContentCal
- Designer at Hex
- Project Assistant (Entry-Levell) at Lattimore and Friends
- Head of Legal at Dataswift Ltd
- Client Services Intern at Codec AI
- Digital Marketing Analyst at LGDG Group
- Solutions Engineer at Dataswift Ltd
- Senior Backend Engineer at Dataswift Ltd
- Product Manager at Cambridge Cancer Genomics