Having worked in and with a number of successful startups, I can confidently say that I believe this is actually a ‘unique’ opportunity for the right person.
This role is especially suited to someone who wants to found their own startup, but without the full upfront risk of starting from scratch.
If the below sounds like a lot of fun, a lot of responsibility, but also an exciting opportunity, then it would be great to hear from you!
What we do:
We believe the future of IoT is not just about smart fridges and buttons that order your loo roll, but more about evolving the connectivity and usage of current infrastructure to change the fundamentals in traditionally cumbersome industries such as business services. We also believe that educating and involving every user in these fundamental shifts is critical to successfully avoiding industrial propensity for inertia.
FaultFixers – kind of does what it says on the tin. We’re an integrated mobile app and SaaS platform that anyone, facilities, buildings & property managers/users, can use to better manage, monitor & resolve their maintenance and facilities efficiencies.
We’re essentially making it easy and more encouraging for any user, worker, member of staff, resident etc. of a facility or buildings to report faults and maintenance queries, which until now has been a hassle and off-putting to do so through traditional methods (call centres and email). At the same time, we’re savings costs and enabling operational efficiencies for our customers, plus improving the CX/UX for their customers – win:win.
Where we are:
Our app (iOS/Android) and platform (cloud-based) are substantially built, live and have been used by large institutional clients.
We are in the process of negotiating our first paid-for contracts and converting trials into paying customers. We are working with 2 major plc companies to act as distributers and so are preparing for major sales growth in the next 12 months.
We’ve secured seed funding from a handful of strategic and industry-expert angels (founder of well know SaaS B2B with successful exit, plus several FTSE 100 CEO’s in our industry).
Who we’re looking for:
As we have now secured funding and are receiving traction with prospective customers, I’m now looking for an awesome partner-in-crime/individual to run with and lead the technical development on a day-to-day basis, with the view to eventually build an in-house dev team which you can lead.
We’re looking for someone who is eager to shape our current product(s) into something even more amazing – happy for you to put your stamp on it, in fact we’d want you to! Ideally, you’ll be keen to be a quasi-product manager too (supported in this capacity from myself and other invested parties) but also technically driven to be in the detail.
As the CTO / technical co-founder, you will co-run the business with me to drive the overall strategy as well as drive forward the technical strategy and architecture. We’re looking for someone with creativity and a longer-term decision making vision.
Skills to pay the bills:
The Ideal Skill Set:
- A skilful full-stack developer with experience in mobile development (open to a front-end skill set who can also do backend, or visa versa)
- A good business head as well as a strong technology/IT background which includes fast-paced delivery of advanced solutions using a combination of packaged or open sourced solutions and some pockets of innovative development in strategic spaces
- Technical expertise in web/software development – currently built using Python, Django, AWS
- Experience with iOS/Android development, ideally using React Native
- Systems integration experience though web services, REST or third party APIs
- Hot on UX/UI design
- Ambition, intelligence, team working mind-set, but the ability to work individually
- Leadership and vision and understanding of risk and reward to the top team of this business
- Experience in a previous early stage business is an advantage, but we’re more looking for the right fit of character and ambition
Remuneration: Competitive salary and generous equity stake available for long-term commitment
Location: In London, UK (we have an office in WeWork)
Hours: Whatever it takes to make the business a success – you’ll be my co-founder!
Holidays: You decide as you’ll be my co-founder, but you will be the primary tech/dev source for the business
Other perks: Personal development budget, fun working environment, gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for startups
How to get in touch
Please send me a CV & LinkedIn/SM profiles and why the above sounds like a good fit.
Look forward to meeting you!
CEO & co-founder at FaultFixers + your future friend and colleague
Salary range £40,000 — 40,000
Large co-founder equity
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Full Stack Developer at NUM
- Front-end developer at Browser London
- Founding engineer at Metomic
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Full Stack Developer at Gener8 Ads
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites