At Midrive, we’re reinventing driving and insurance for the digital generation. The old way of doing things is broken. 53% of learners fail their first test. Of those who pass, 1 in 5 crash in the first 6 months. That’s unacceptable.
Our technology helps learners find top-rated instructors and access pay-as-you-go insurance, so they can pass-first time and ultimately become safer drivers.
Since launch, over 300,000 young people in the UK have used our apps, data and tech to gain their independence. We are growing quickly and are now available in over 100 towns and cities in the UK, expanding to a new one each week.
Founded in 2013, Midrive has raised over £7.5m to date from a respected group of well-connected and supportive investors ‒ including Holiday Extras & Initial Capital. You may have heard about our recent crowdfunding round which was the 4th largest equity fund-raise target in Crowdcube's history.
We’ve recently been named #19 in the Startup 100, the annual ranking of the most game-changing and exciting new businesses launched in the last three years. We were also named ‘Digital Business of the Year’ by the Federation of Small Businesses in 2017.
Want to help us build the future of learner driving & insurance? Then join us!
Love to solve problems? Bright and ambitious? Look no further, Midrive is the place for you!
We’re seeking a talented Customer Service Representative to join our Operations team and make a major contribution to our success. Your role will involve:
- Show great professionalism and excellent customer service to all of our existing customers and instructors
- Bringing in new business by pitching and closing sales over the phone.
- Work alongside our existing partner instructors to provide the best learning to driving experience for all of our learners.
- Handle sales and general enquiries via phone, email and online chat.
- Solve tricky problems ranging from technical issues to product requests, to pricing and refunds.
- Provide feedback to our development team, share product ideas, and help our business grow.
- Work across our Customer Happiness and wider Operations teams.
- Be given a lot of responsibility
Be part of a fun, young, ambitious team, based in a beautiful new (dog-friendly) startup office.
What we're looking for:
- Flexible working – we’re open Monday to Saturday, so this role will involve regular weekend and evening working.
- Ideally, 1-2 years of telephone and email based customer support experience, or alternatively a Bachelor's degree with a minimum 2:1 and a demonstrated record of achievement.
- Excellent written and spoken English and good basic maths.
- Ability to work through problems and offer the best solution.
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving, helping others and going above and beyond.
- Ability to thrive and grow as our products and company evolve.
- A passion for making UK roads safer -- we are on a crusade to reinvent learner driving and insurance!
At Midrive, we work hard, so that's why we make sure that we have best facilities to play harder! We have a host of perks: Lovely serviced office with rooftop, free coffee, Wednesdays treats, Happy Hour Thursdays, team yoga sessions, and training/sharing sessions.
We also have regular fun social events - recent adventures have included escape rooms, comedy clubs, and silent discos.
Midrive is simply a great place to work. We have a fantastic team of talented people working on an interesting product they are passionate about, and a friendly, social atmosphere and did we mention we are dog-friendly! Add to that competitive salaries, pension plan, and other perks, it's clear why we're a top choice.
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Midrive. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary range £16,000 — 20,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Customer Success Manager at Canvas
- General Manager, London at ViaVan
- Digital project manager at Soapbox
- Front-end developer at Messly
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Full Stack Developer at Artifax
- Full Stack Engineer at Vinterior
- Enterprise Professional Services Lead at re:infer
- Product Manager - SaaS at People.io
- Frontend and backend software engineers at CrowdJustice