At Midrive, we’re reinventing driving and insurance for the digital generation. The old way of doing things is broken. 53% of learners fail their first test. Of those who pass, 1 in 5 crash in the first 6 months. That’s unacceptable.
Our technology helps learners find top-rated instructors and access pay-as-you-go insurance, so they can pass-first time and ultimately become safer drivers.
Since launch, over 300,000 young people in the UK have used our apps, data and tech to gain their independence. We are growing quickly and are now available in over 100 towns and cities in the UK, expanding to a new one each week.
Founded in 2013, Midrive has raised over £7.5m to date from a respected group of well-connected and supportive investors ‒ including Holiday Extras & Initial Capital. You may have heard about our recent crowdfunding round which was the 4th largest equity fund-raise target in Crowdcube's history.
We’ve recently been named #19 in the Startup 100, the annual ranking of the most game-changing and exciting new businesses launched in the last three years. We were also named ‘Digital Business of the Year’ by the Federation of Small Businesses in 2017.
Want to help us build the future of learner driving & insurance? Then join us!
We’re seeking a talented Customer Service Manager to join our Operations team and make a major contribution to our success. Your role will involve:
- Data-informed decision making- monitoring the key metrics for the Customer Happiness team and driving through changes to improve efficiency and customer service level
- Ensuring the team are constantly striving towards meeting KPIs
- Working with individual team members to plan objectives that coincide with the wider company and departmental objectives
- Bringing in new business by closing sales over the phone
- Working with our marketing team to ensure promotional offers are executed effectively
- Ensuring the Customer Happiness team are meeting support KPIs
- Show great professionalism with responding to escalated issues and complaints
- Provide best in class customer service to all of our existing customers and instructors
- Be on hand to resolve tricky problems ranging from technical issues to product requests, to pricing and refunds.
- Be on hand to help with enquiries via phone, email and online chat.
- Set a consistent voice across a customer service team
- Implement streamlined customer feedback/reviews process
- Review and implement best practice customer service procedures
- Optimisation of CRM and support tools - what works best?
- Team management:
- Meet with the Customer Happiness team to conduct 1:1s and conduct periodic 360 feedback reviews
- Experience in leading teams in a busy contact centre
- Ability to train and adapt to, and lead teams through change
- Successfully and sustainably scaling the Customer Service function
- Customer Experience
- Work alongside our Product and Development teams to ensure the customer’s needs are implemented in new products
- Work across teams to improve our products and services
- Able to see the big pictures but equally comfortable rolling up sleeves and getting stuck into the day to day challenges
Be part of a fun, young, ambitious team, based in a beautiful new (dog-friendly) startup office.
What we're looking for:
- Flexible working – we’re open Monday to Saturday, so this role will involve regular weekend and evening working.
- Experience supervising, coaching and motivating a team
- Ability to design and champion efficient customer service processes
- Ability to prioritise and professionally demonstrate empathy when dealing with a set of complaints
- Extensive experience in a customer facing environment
- Multichannel support: utilising different support functions: email, phone, chat, SMS and social media
- Previous experience getting the most out of CRM analytics and making data-informed decisions
- Willingness to constantly improve the customer experience
- Ability to work through problems and offer the best solution.
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving, helping others and going above and beyond.
- Ability to thrive and grow as our products and company evolve.
- A passion for making UK roads safer -- we are on a crusade to reinvent learner driving and insurance!
At Midrive, we work hard, so that's why we make sure that we have best facilities to play harder! We have a host of perks: Lovely serviced office with rooftop, free coffee, Wednesdays treats, Happy Hour Thursdays, team yoga sessions, and training/sharing sessions.
We also have regular fun social events - recent adventures have included escape rooms, comedy clubs, and silent discos.
Midrive is simply a great place to work. We have a fantastic team of talented people working on an interesting product they are passionate about, and a friendly, social atmosphere and did we mention we are dog-friendly! Add to that competitive salaries, pension plan, and other perks, it's clear why we're a top choice.
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Midrive. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary range £22,000 — 30,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Senior Engineer at Comic Relief
- Front-end Designer at Helical Levity
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- CTO / Lead Software Engineer at HyBird
- iOS Developer at unrd
- Senior PHP Software Engineer at Paddle
- Engineering Lead at AtomInvest
- Software Engineers for The Bakery Start Programme at The Bakery
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites