About the role
As a Customer Success Advocate, you will be supporting our users (and their electrical installers) in getting set up on the ev.energy platform via e-mail and phone.
- Helping installers iron out any wrinkles in the commissioning process, helping them link EV chargers to our smart charging platform;
- Keeping our database of energy tariffs up to date to make sign-up as simple as possible for our users
- Assisting EV drivers to identify and raise issues and bugs with our app to the development team
- Improving our Customer Success processes as part of an agile team to help us scale across the globe
ev.energy enables consumers to charge their EVs in the most cost-effective and least carbon-intense way possible, whilst saving them money! We partner with energy companies such as Igloo Energy,Rolec Services and ESB to deliver tariffs and products which integrate smartly with electric vehicles and their chargers.
We’re a small and agile team, but we already serve electricity companies and their customers across the world with pilots ongoing in Europe and North America.
Customer Success at ev.energy
Since we were incorporated two years ago, we’ve grown from 0 to 12500+ users, raised a funding round, collaborated with 15+ energy companies and saved over 25 tonnes of CO2. We were part of Microsoft’s first AI for Good cohort, won the EDF Pulse Innovation Challenge and were named “Best Energy Startup in the World” by Free Electrons 2019.
We’re responsible for delighting our customers and delivering a fantastic user experience, especially when things don’t quite go to plan. We have a strong team ethos and often work collaboratively to help resolve issues.
You’ll be working with a group of friendly and open individuals who share a positive can-do attitude and are unafraid to ask questions. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your knowledge of all things EV, as well as broadening both your interpersonal and technical skill sets.
We measure our success using traditional customer satisfaction metrics (such as time to resolve issues, NPS and so on), but also in the feedback we receive from our customers:
“Your customer support is the best I have ever seen & in my work I’ve dealt with customer support every day for the last 20 years.”
“Really nice to be dealing with a firm that works with its users.”
“Giving a five-star review for the customer support.”
Our goals for the next year are:
- Grow our user base 10x (with 60,000 new users by July 2021, and over 100,000 by December 2021)
- Improve our key support metrics, especially time to resolve issues and number of issues per 1000 activated users
- Launch in five new markets worldwide, including non-English speaking markets and non-EU timezones
- Have experience in a customer-facing role
- Be able to translate what people are saying and what they really mean
- Communicate clearly to multiple audiences, via e-mail and on the phone
- Be able to manage your workload proactively and consistently hit deadlines
- Be a team player, supporting your colleagues when you have the capacity
- Have an understanding of the electric vehicle sector
- Be passionate about decarbonisation and the green future we’re creating!
An awesome applicant will have:
- A track record of improving customer satisfaction in multiple environments
- The ability to empathise deeply with our customers and explain their needs to the rest of the team
- Excellent communication skills, communicating well to all audiences and fine-tuning their tone of voice, vocabulary and medium to suit the occasion
- A well planned and managed personal workload, supporting your peers, finding opportunities to optimise, and managing upwards when more capacity is needed
- EV knowledge and insights into the latest trends in the industry, such as when the next car is coming out, or who the best energy supplier is for EV drivers
We will support you with:
- Flexible working primarily remotely, investing in your home working setup or an office in a location convenient for you
- Funded access to conferences, training and meetups (like Fully Charged Live)
- All the hardware and software you need to work effectively
- Participation in various employee perks and benefits schemes like cycle to work and discounted cinema tickets.
- Team Week once a quarter where the whole team meets to collaborate, socialise and build connections in person!
If you don’t have all of the job requirements, please apply anyway! We would love to hear from all kinds of people and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants from non-traditional backgrounds, startup or tech experience is not a prerequisite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please, no recruiters, agencies or recruitment platforms.
Salary range £24,000 — 28,000
Guaranteed annual cost of living increase
More like this
- Community Manager at Uprise Academy
- Python Backend Developer at Napo
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Coefficient Systems Ltd
- Growth Marketing Manager at Blink - The Employee App
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Senior Product Manager at Genie AI
- QA Automation Engineer at Genie AI
- Growth Marketing Manager at Genie AI
- Agency Paid Ads Manager at Snowball Creations
- Data Mentor at Decoded