- Salary: Competitive
- Location: White City / Wood Lane, London
- September start date
- Preferred: willing to work at least 2 weekend days a month (e.g. Sunday instead of Friday); but we are flexible on this and can discuss
1 The Problem
Type 2 diabetes and obesity are huge problems, both for the millions of people that suffer from lifestyle diseases, as well as healthcare systems like the NHS.
In the UK we spend almost 10% of the NHS budget on treating type 2 diabetes alone (£9 billion/year). What’s shocking is almost all of this is avoidable, 80-90% in fact.
How? Through sustained lifestyle and weight loss. It sounds so simple, but in reality is much harder to achieve at scale.
OurPath provides a digital lifestyle improvement programme that is proven to help people improve their lifestyle and lose weight, which ultimately reduces their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
The programme incorporates evidence-based education, health coaches, peer group support, and digital tracking tools. Everything is delivered digitally through phone and web apps.
The quickest way to understand what we do is to watch this very short 1 min animation: https://vimeo.com/199648301
We were first digital behavioural change programme to be commissioned by the NHS – we’re now expanding rapidly having won a few big national contracts (both in diabetes prevention and management).
Alongside our NHS work, we also offer the programme directly to consumers – you can buy the programme on our website if you’re looking to make a healthy lifestyle change and lose weight. Our direct-to-consumer channel is essentially a competitor to the likes of Weight Watchers and Slimming World.
About us: We are now a team of 30 – consisting of ex-strategy consultants, dietitians, designers, and developers. We believe OurPath is a fun place to work with an informal, non-bureaucratic, and agile working environment. You’ll also have a nice amount of autonomy over your work-life balance. Finally, we will provide endless amounts of poor jokes and sub-standard humour. Just so you know.
Some of our national press:
3 The Position
Having recently expanded and rapidly growing, we are looking to bring on a customer success associate to help us grow and manage our NHS patients and new consumers. The role would primarily entail:
- Dealing with customer support queries from consumers and patients through email, Intercom, and Facebook
- Speaking (primarily email) to people interested in making a healthy lifestyle change, and whether they would be appropriate for the OurPath programme
- Calling and on-boarding new NHS user onto the OurPath programme
- Regularly working with the OurPath NHS team to help improve the GP referral and user on-boarding process
One of the advantages of a customer success role in OurPath is that almost every case is different, so the role will keep you on your toes with dealing with a wide range of backgrounds and health motivations.
4 Person Specification
The nature of the customer success is that it is a heavily task-orientated role. Therefore, the ideal person really thrives on getting a lot of things done, and this is an energy provider for them (rather than an energy depleter). You will need to be particularly strong, and efficient, when it comes to email-based communication.
Our general ethos is that we prioritise intelligence (across the intellectual/emotional/political spectrum) over experience. Therefore, we do not have any required past customer support experience to apply for this role.
Finally, given that this role has a large amount of people interaction and being able to judge different customer service situations and act accordingly, this would need to be one of your strong points.
5 What can we offer you?
- An exciting job at one of the first digital behavioural change programmes ever commissioned by the NHS
- Exposure to lots of different elements of the development of an early stage healthcare startup
- Opportunity to provide direct input into the development of OurPath, particularly how we scale the company up from where we are now to a national NHS partner
- A fun place to work in central London
- Daily inspiration, exposure to lots of interesting and passionate people in our workspace that are also helping to solve important problems
6 To Apply
This position is available to start in September.
Please send your CV and a short email why you’d like to work here to [email protected]
We’ll be interviewing on a rolling basis, so the quicker you can apply the better.
If Stella doesn’t respond within 7 days then she’s not intentionally being rude but please assume it’s probably a no for now.