The most dynamic start-up in the events industry needs a Customer Success Manager to help take our platform to the next level. We're looking for someone who's ready to hit the ground running and build stronger relationships with our customers. If you're looking for the next step in your career, you'll be in the right place.
More about the role
Working alongside the co-founders, your primary responsibility will be to support and manage client retention, decrease churn and build new revenue with existing clients. You’ll also proactively monitor the performance of venues, making sure successful on-boarding procedures are in place and looking at ways to automate the lifecycle of our customers.
You’ll also be responsible for implementing systems and automation around client satisfaction, net promoter scores, communication and feedback, and you’ll lead how this impacts the ongoing development of the Canvas platform.
You will be perfect for the role if, like us, you believe in building products that people love. You’ll be a fast learning, customer focused, and detail-loving people person. You’re the type of person that never drops the ball and is always one step ahead of the curve.
This role is what you make of it. We’re a small and high-performing team, looking for someone special to add to our unique company culture.
More about you
- You’re a positive person with a can-do & will-do attitude
- You love developing relationships – both on the phone and in person
- You are passionate about customer success and get a real kick out of selling the value of a product and turning customers around
- You prefer working in a team rather than alone, and you’re always looking at ways to collaborate
- You enjoy working methodically and with a systemised approach – you love a good spreadsheet and you’re confident when implementing new ways of working
- You want to take ownership, lead projects, and be an integral part of the overall success of the company
- You can spot an opportunity, lead it and make it happen
- You’ve got excellent issue resolution and crisis management
- You’re able to look objectively at your approach and report on how you might improve and evolve what you’re doing
- Your goal is to be an industry leader in customer success, and you’re passionate about developing and innovating using the latest tech
- You’re motivated by success and you’re a self-starter; highly driven to exceed your personal and professional targets
- At least 2 years’ experience in the role of customer success manager in high volume subscription or renewal revenue focused models
- You are a proactive and collaborative team player
- You’re experienced in troubleshooting, improving relationships and renewing high value or strategic accounts
- You have a strong track record in delivering customer success at scale to thousands of customers and achieving high renewal/retention rates
- You’re adept at managing tough conversations in a professional and solution-oriented manner
- You have experience implementing and using the latest software such as intercom, hubspot, zendesk, wootric or other enterprise CSM platforms
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills
- You have great written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to adjust your style to reflect the company tone
- You know how to nail project and time management
- Access to an external business coach once a month
- Pension scheme
- Work in one of London’s coolest film location
- VIP invites to some of London’s newest restaurants, film previews and venue showcases
- Part of a creative, collaborative, hardworking and passionate team
- An open and friendly culture
- ‘Culture Club’ with quarterly trips abroad, dinners, events and surprise treats
- A well facilitated office, with Friday breakfasts, drinks, shared lunch-a-thons (hello Fun Lunch Fridays!)
- 31 days holiday (incl. bank holidays)
- Be inspired by the amazing films and events we make happen in our building and across London
For busy event planners who don’t have time to call every venue in London, Canvas is a marketplace with handpicked venues to suit every event. Canvas is totally free for event planners to use, so our users get the best deal a venue can offer – always.
Unlike an event agency, we don’t charge commission and there are no hidden fees. Our venues pay an annual membership fee for their listing on the site and they handle most event enquiries directly.
We've got hundreds of exciting and unique spaces, from spacious converted warehouses and majestic stately homes, to old industrial pumping stations, and beautiful little Soho cafes. The great news is there is a huge demand for what we are doing. Canvas generates high value leads with big returns for our venues. So almost every meeting with a new space ends with ‘where do I sign?’
Canvas is a dynamic start-up and no day here is ever the same. In almost 5 years we have created a loved brand in the events industry, and our platform brings millions of pounds worth of enquires each month to our venues. 500 of London’s most prestigious and venues are proud to be Canvas Members, and we’ve set our sights on every venue in the city and beyond.
2018 is set to be our best year yet, and you will be a key person to help take Canvas to the next level and to scale.
Position: Customer Success Manager
Employment: Full Time
Where: Former Central St Martin’s campus, Holborn, London
Package: 28-33k plus 5k OTE
Incl. 31 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, you will need to include the word “Pineapple” in your cover letter so we know you made it all the way through the job description!
Please forward your cv and covering letter, stating why:
- You would be a good fit for this role
- How your experience is relevant
- Which of your skill areas you are looking forward to developing the most
Good luck, and we look forward to meeting you soon!
Final Submission Date: Friday 6th July 2018
Equal Opportunity Statement
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be - so if you have any access requirements for your interview, please let us know in your cover letter and we will work with you to ensure we can accommodate your needs. Please rest assured that informing us of any access requirements or assistance you may need will have no impact on our decision-making process for the role.
Salary range £28,000 — 33,000
More like this
- Senior Engineer at Comic Relief
- Front-end Designer at Helical Levity
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- CTO / Lead Software Engineer at HyBird
- iOS Developer at unrd
- Senior PHP Software Engineer at Paddle
- Engineering Lead at AtomInvest
- Software Engineers for The Bakery Start Programme at The Bakery
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites