Converge’s mission is to make construction and industry efficient, safe and sustainable by bringing data driven decision making to the worksite. We make it easy to deploy large-scale wireless sensor networks and analyse the physical data they produce, and are convincing the world’s largest, most traditional and risk-averse industrial companies to embrace IoT.
We’re a small team in London building well engineered and delightfully designed hardware and software products for traditional industries. Manual monitoring is a major, systemic problem in the world's most important industries, so if solving that sounds like the kind of challenge you would be up for, give us a shout!
We are looking for a Embedded Systems Engineer to join the team to help us build massively scaleable wireless sensor networks for industrial monitoring. We are all about making our target industries more efficient, safer and more sustainable, and that starts with having robust, reliable sensors that get the correct data to our servers in a timely fashion. We're working on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means huge sensor networks running in tough environments delivering time-critical data. If that's the sort of challenge you like to solve, read on!
What you'll do:
- Work on our networking stack to ensure reliability and power efficiency.
- Reduce the power footprint of our hardware so devices can last for years on just a couple of AA batteries.
- Take our firmware to the next level by making it fully testable on our CI servers, and simulable in virtual environments and physical rigs.
- Help improve our "hardware devops", including introducing robust OTA updates on a low-bandwidth network.
- Help take us to scaleability, with a fully manufacturable product that we can have assembled, flashed and shipped outside of the office.
- Help other team members through code reviews, our weekly engineering lunch-n-learns and mentorship (where applicable).
We need you to have:
- lots of experience building wireless devices at scale (5+ years);
- excellent embedded C knowledge (5+ years);
- good electronics knowledge (5+ years);
- experience of working with analogue and digital sensors over a variety of interfaces;
- experience with unit-testing of firmware;
- strong attention to detail;
- a desire to build something that can completely revolutionise how someone goes about their job;
- (bonus) experience with building simulable firmware;
- (bonus) experience with LPWANs like LoRa or SigFox;
- (bonus) experience with sub-GHz mesh networks.
The typical Convergian is:
- generally curious about the world;
- serious, without taking herself too seriously;
- open-minded to any idea;
- willing to change her mind on the basis of the evidence;
- pretty strong-willed.
What working at Converge will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of scope for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be highly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We consider engineering quality of paramount value and will always look for the most rigorous solution to a problem.
- We do weekly talks by our engineers, normally attended by the whole team.
- We are a very cross-disciplinary team, and come from all sorts of backgrounds and countries (from civil engineering to South-East asian studies, and over ten nationalities represented across the team).
- We have several keen cyclists, and offer the Cycle to Work scheme to all our team.
Salary range £50,000 — 80,000
More like this
- Digital marketing manager at Browser
- Backend Engineer | Ruby | Junior, Mid & Senior at Cleo AI Ltd
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer
- Backend Engineer at re:infer
- Senior Engineer at Comic Relief
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- Senior Operations Manager at Trouva
- Agile Coach at Tech Nation
- Marketing Manager at Nested