- Salary: Competitive
- Location: White City / Wood Lane, London
- Part-time or Full-time: Must work Saturday/Sunday/Monday, and optional additional days (e.g. Tues + Weds)
- Saturday and Sundays can be worked remotely.
1 The Problem
Type 2 diabetes and obesity are huge problems, both for the millions of people that suffer from lifestyle diseases, as well as healthcare systems like the NHS.
In the UK we spend almost 10% of the NHS budget on treating type 2 diabetes alone (£9 billion/year). What’s shocking is almost all of this is avoidable, 80-90% in fact.
How? Through sustained lifestyle and weight loss. It sounds so simple, but in reality is much harder to achieve at scale.
OurPath provides a digital lifestyle improvement programme that is proven to help people improve their lifestyle and lose weight, which ultimately reduces their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
The programme incorporates evidence-based education, health coaches, peer group support, and digital tracking tools. Everything is delivered digitally through phone and web apps.
The quickest way to understand what we do is to watch this very short 1 min animation: https://vimeo.com/199648301
We were first digital behavioural change programme to be commissioned by the NHS – we’re now expanding rapidly having won a few big national contracts (both in diabetes prevention and management).
Alongside our NHS work, we also offer the programme directly to consumers – you can buy the programme on our website if you’re looking to make a healthy lifestyle change and lose weight. Our direct-to-consumer channel is essentially a competitor to the likes of Weight Watchers and Slimming World.
About us: We are now a team of 30 – consisting of ex-strategy consultants, dietitians, designers, and developers. We believe OurPath is a fun place to work with an informal, non-bureaucratic, and agile working environment. You’ll also have a nice amount of autonomy over your work-life balance. Finally, we will provide endless amounts of poor jokes and sub-standard humour. Just so you know.
Some of our national press:
3 The Position
Having recently expanded and rapidly growing, we are looking to bring on a customer support associate to help us grow and manage our NHS patients and new consumers. The role would primarily entail:
- Speaking (primarily email) to people interested in making a healthy lifestyle change, and whether they would be appropriate for the OurPath programme
- Calling and on-boarding new NHS user onto the OurPath programme
- Regularly working with the OurPath NHS team to help improve the GP referral and user onboarding process
- Dealing with customer support queries from consumers and patients through email, Intercom, and Facebook
4 Person Specification
There is no required experience for this role, however, any previous experience of science, healthcare, or nutrition would be highly useful so you can better understand whether people are appropriate for the programme.
That being said, our general ethos is that we prioritise intelligence (across the intellectual/emotional/political spectrum) over experience.
Given that this role has a large amount of people interaction and being able to judge different customer service situations and act accordingly, this would need to be one of your strong points.
You would probably be a relatively recent grad (or have a couple of years work experience in another role) and are smart, ambitious, willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the company. That’s about it.
5 What can we offer you?
- An exciting job at one of the first digital behavioural change programmes ever commissioned by the NHS
- Exposure to lots of different elements of the development of an early stage healthcare startup
- Opportunity to provide direct input into the development of OurPath, particularly how we scale the company up from where we are now to a national NHS partner
- A fun place to work in central London
- Daily inspiration, exposure to lots of interesting and passionate people in our workspace that are also helping to solve important problems
6 To Apply
This position is available to start immediately, so please send your CV and a short email why you’d like to work here to [email protected]
We’ll be interviewing on a rolling basis, so the quicker you can apply the better.
If Stella doesn’t respond within 7 days then she’s not intentionally being rude but please assume it’s probably a no for now.
Apply for this job or share it