Role: Data Analyst
Location: London, UK
Reports to: Data Scientist
Do you have the talent to join multi-award winning startup WeFarm?
We are a unique social enterprise providing a vital service for the world’s 500 million smallholder farmers who live and work without internet access. This pioneering, peer-to-peer platform enables farmers to access crowd-sourced information by SMS, creating social impact on a groundbreaking scale and generating a game-changing data in the process.
In just two years WeFarm has scaled to 150,000 farmers across Kenya, Uganda, and Peru, has facilitated over 19 million interactions and featured in the FT, Forbes, Wired.co.uk, and has won awards from Google, The Venture and the European Commission’s Ideas From Europe.
With an ambitious goal to reach 1 million farmers within the next 12 months, we are looking for a talented Data Analyst to support this growth.
Would you like to change the world and create social impact on a global scale? Are you passionate, ambitious, and driven? Then apply to join the UK’s most exciting tech start-up today!
This full-time role is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast-growing start-up. You will be part of a dynamic international team which is trying to change the world. We are looking for someone with a statistical background to help us expand and improve our internal data analysis capacity.
You will be working closely with our Business, Engagement, and Comms teams to identify and communicate areas of interest within our internal data, as well as responding to urgent information requests from our in-country teams.
Reporting to our Data Scientist, we are looking for someone who would enjoy the challenge of working for a start-up and help us build our own reporting capability and data best practice. As the needs of the company change, we would expect there to be development opportunity towards areas including data science and business intelligence.
- Use R and SQL to interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques, and act as a source of information and insight across the business
- Ensure statistical rigour in our SMS campaigns by providing development input and post-mortems (responses, conversions, engagement)
- Filter and clean external data sources by manually and programmatically reviewing databases and spreadsheets
- Work with the CEO to identify key metrics for company-growth and provide reports for our investors
- Provide statistics and graphs/visualisations and assist in writing reports for our external partners
- Work with the Head of Business and Global Head of Brand & Communications to promptly produce market-relevant and data-backed insight for press, business, and pitching
- Along with our Data Scientist and CTO identify new approaches to data analysis at WeFarm and instill a culture of data best-practice
- BS/MA degree in Statistics, or similar
- Understanding of statistics and statistical tests (A/B testing)
- Experience using R for analysing datasets
- Experience with spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets)
- A good working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of visualisation tools such as ggplot, D3.js, or Tableau
- A general interest in learning new tools and techniques
- Passionate about WeFarm’s social business model and pioneering approach
- N.B. You must have the right to work in the UK
- Good mathematical and statistical skills
- Able to communicate a story using data and visualisations, with the ability to explain complex ideas in a simple yet comprehensive manner
- A strong eye for outliers and interesting/insightful trends within data
- Able to design and run SQL queries against large data sets
- Able to work promptly and to deadlines
- Reliable, organised, and consistent, with great attention-to-detail and problem-solving skills
- Able to engage with senior management
What we provide:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous pension scheme
- Chance to work in amazing start-up environment and help change the world!
- Chance to work with international teams across continents, with some opportunity for travel
To apply please send your CV and a (short) cover letter that answers the following question:
WeFarm processes millions of SMS messages about agriculture each month. What’s the most interesting thing you’d like to use our data to research?
Note that we will review and interview on an ongoing basis. Unfortunately we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
More like this
- Product Manager at Baby2Body
- Product Manager at Freelancer.com
- Product Manager at Rotageek
- Deployment Engineer at Foundry
- Community and Content Manager at Big Couch
- Lead Engineer at Stowga
- UI/UX Designer at Thriva
- Customer Success Manager at RotaGeek
- Front-end Developer at labstep