About Zero Deposit
Moving into a new rental property is expensive.
The security deposit can cost up to six-weeks rent and often tenants have to find their next deposit before getting their last one back.
We're changing that by giving tenants an alternative.
With us, tenants have the option to pay one week’s rent, instead of a security deposit, while providing landlords with the same security as a six-week deposit.
We have big ambitions and are well funded to deliver on these.
Data is critical to our business. We’re looking for someone to help analyse it.
Data is central to everything we do at Zero Deposit. We rely on our data to inform product decisions, optimise our processes and decide how we scale our quickly growing company.
Although working directly as part of the Finance team, this role will touch on all parts of our organisation, covering product, customer experience, operations, sales, marketing and more. We’re looking for someone naturally curious and keen to learn, who isn’t afraid to get stuck in and can quickly switch between answering important questions for different parts of our business.
What you’ll do:
- Liaise with the wider business to assist with analysing and visualising our data so that it can be understood and used to make decisions across the business. This will range from high-level reports that are sent to the exec and leadership team down to low level reports that are used to optimise performance both in the user journeys within our product and within teams such as our sales team.
- Help to validate our data sources, definitions, and visualisation approach - we’re currently using a combination of Google Data Studio, Redash, Salesforce and Excel for this, and you’ll be intrinsic and supporting these current ways of working and helping migrate to new systems when appropriate.
- Write performant SQL queries which provide the data behind these reports. We’re also looking for someone to help to validate and optimise some of the existing SQL queries that we’re using.
- Develop to be the point of contact for teams throughout the organisation who have questions about reporting.
- Champion our test & learn culture and drive us to test a hypothesis, learn from it and quickly iterate based on the results. This could be through A/B testing or by digging into our data to analyse the impact of a project.
- Work with various teams to create one-off reports or answer specific questions they have.
- Develop further within the business to help proactively use our data to analyse the root cause of what moves key metrics like conversion rate, customer churn, etc. and contribute to ways that these could be improved
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience working with data. This doesn’t have to be exactly as a Data Analyst, but someone who has analysed data and has had experience in using that data to create visualisations and reports that tell a story behind the data to a wider team.
- Is comfortable working in a flexible, fast-moving, startup environment.
- Is able to take reporting requests from across the business and dig deeper into what people are actually trying to understand in order to be thoughtful and deliberate about what reports get created.
- Has excellent communication skills and is able to help non-technical colleagues understand what our data means.
- Has experience with SQL, with the ability to write complex queries, as well as good experience with Excel.
- Has exposure and some experience with data visualisations using tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Tableau).
- Is excited about the idea of taking ownership of our reporting - we’re looking for someone who is a self-starter and motivated to lead the reporting and analysis throughout our company.
- Is ideally UK based
Bonus points for:
- Experience in insurance or financial services industries
- A working knowledge of statistics
- Experience in forecasting, as well as some finance concepts
- 25 days annual leave and your birthday off
- Pension contributions
- Life cover
- Mostly remote role with some need to attend meetings a couple of days per month (in Hertfordshire, UK)
Respect the need for work life balance, we work hard while we’re here but won’t take over your entire life.
Salary range £30,000 — 33,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Product Manager at NearSt
- Product Marketing Manager at sweatcoin
- Product Designer at Encore
- Product Owner at SH:24
- Partnerships Lead at Sideways 6
- Chief Growth Officer at Vintage Cash Cow
- Senior Mobile Developer (React Native) - Health at Bearable
- Senior Developer at Happity Ltd
- Senior Backend Developer at Wayhome
- Mid/Senior iOS Engineer at Wevat