Location: London, Liverpool St
Why you should join us
We’ve built up a team of outstanding and passionate people, and we work hard to keep them. Of course there’s plenty of flexibility and lots of opportunities to grow, but we also have share options, private health insurance, and unlimited leave (with a minimum of 5.6 weeks per year - just so everyone actually takes time off). Our CEO is (really) devoted to making Rotageek the best place to work, and so while we work really, really hard, we definitely play hard, too. And we have nice snacks, good beer, amazing team events and a roof terrace.
We’re looking for someone who will work closely with our Data Science/Engineering teams to maintain operational and reporting data processes for our clients. You’ll be responsible for importing and exporting data from our databases, data migrations, reporting as well as maintenance and support of existing data projects. This role is a great opportunity for someone who not only wants to solve problems (writing SQL will be a significant part of this role) but is also interested in being exposed to some exciting Data Science work with an opportunity to get more involved in this area over time.
A few years ago, Rotageek was a small side project; our CEO, an A&E doctor, wanted to improve scheduling in his hospital department. Today, we’re a software company leading the way in reinventing how employees are scheduled. We’re helping some of the largest UK organisations move from paper and excel based rotas to intelligent and interactive schedules. In doing so, we’re helping employees gain more ownership over their hours - improving their work-life balance - whilst making sure that businesses improve how they run their operations. We use intelligent technology to make sure the right staff are in the right place at the right time, whilst making the process of creating, communicating and modifying a rota as easy as possible.
What we expect from our Data Engineer
- You’ll be able to communicate with our clients to develop and support imports and exports from Rotageek
- You’ll be able to easily create and edit custom reports so customers can view their data in different formats
- You’ll work closely with our Customer Success team ensuring that everything is in place from a technical implementation perspective for rollouts and trials
As the ideal candidate, you...
- Have experience working with SQL (plus if it is SQL Server)
- Are familiar with the most common structured or delimited file formats (CSV, XML, JSON, etc)
- Are familiar with data transfer methods (SFTP, HTTP, TCP, SOAP, REST, etc)
- Ideally are familiar with ETL Tools and Python
- Are eager to work for a high-growth tech company. It comes with lots of benefits and opportunities, but it’s not for everyone.
Apply! If you think this sounds like something you’d enjoy and excel at, we would love to hear from you! To apply, please send us your CV and a short paragraph explaining why you think you’d make a great Data Engineer to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!
(We’re not looking to work with recruiters for this job posting so please only contact us if you’re a candidate wishing to apply - thank you!)
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Data Lead at Plural AI
- Product and Quality Analyst at Midrive
- Project Manager at Lighthouse London
- Lead Python Back-End Developer at Unmortgage
- Product Lead at Plural AI
- Senior Engineer at Verve
- Digital Product Designer at EDITED
- Full Stack Developer at Tab.