We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team as a technical co-founder (must love food!). This is an exciting opportunity to launch a company re-designing the way the food industry engages with customers.
The role centres on developing innovative data science solutions to help food brands discover, track and grow their audiences. You will help support both our product development and client delivery.
You will be responsible for:
* Performing data analysis to understand customer behavior
* Applying statistical models for segmentation of audiences
* Designing and implementing dashboards that track key metrics and provide actionable insights
* Augmenting customer datasets with publicly available data sources
* Working closely with the team to understand key desired by clients
* Presenting results to clients
You will be required to effectively prioritise and deliver across multiple projects simultaneously. Career development will involve building and leading a data science team potentially as CTO.
We are currently running a pilot with clients and are using this opportunity to fuel our product development as we work with our lead investor and angels to close our round.
* You are ambitious and want to work at and shape a high growth, high impact start-up.
* Undergraduate, Masters or PhD degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. computer science, mathematics, engineering, or equivalent field).
* Experience with data manipulation languages/tools (e.g. Python, R, SQL, MongoDB, Spark).
* Strong intuition for data visualisation.
* Experience with front-end (React) is preferred.
* Familiarity or interest in NLP.
* Creative problem solver with the drive and discipline to complete tasks quickly and effectively.
* Passionate about applying data science to business problems.
* Must love food and food systems.
* Understanding and/or experience with marketing.
-Co-founder position with equity.
-% of current client contracts until we receive funding (depending on involvement).
-Attractive future salary
25 days annual leave exclusive of public holidays.
Monthly development reviews.
Budget for training and professional development.
Cycle and run friendly central London office.
Please e-mail your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Tell us about you, what motivates you in the morning, what your most relevant experience, something cool you have done. The last achievement.
On passing initial screening the process is as follows:
Initial phone interview to understand your goals, ambitions, and skills (30 minutes).
Face to face interview (30 minutes)
Case Study & Presentation (90 minutes)
Terrax is an AI powered marketing and product dev tool for food-brands. Our mission is to accurately understand and predict humanity’s relationship with food to help create a data insight loop from suppliers to consumers that enables efficiency and reduces waste within the entire AgriFood value chain.
We are starting off by predicting and understanding food trends and customers for fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG). We primarily work with sustainable brands or companies with a focus on sustainability.
We are a young startup created by passionate founders who met during EF London11 program. We already have many links to the industry. We have people championing us on the investor side as well as on the client-side. We are only waiting for a new team member to help us kick start our growth.
We can't wait to hear from you.
+ equity, negotiable depending on exp. Salary starts when receiving funding.
More like this
- Senior Product Manager at People Matter .
- Ruby on Rails developer at LearnerShape
- Lead Data Engineer at Neural Alpha
- Back End Developer at EasyPeasy
- Sales Account Manager at Canvas Events
- Front End Engineer at Legl
- User Experience Designer at Waggel
- Growth Lead at InsideOut
- SEO & PPC Specialist at Rock Mission
- Operations Associate at The Wine List