We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to supercharge the tech powering our startup, Entale.
Entale is an innovative new platform for publishing and consuming enhanced, interactive, visual podcasts. Our iOS app makes it possible to indulge your curiosity while listening to podcasts, by adding pictures, links, maps and other relevant content to engage with or save for later. It has been featured by Apple as the number 1 podcast listening app, and recently won a Webby Award for Best Visual Design.
Our mission is to bring this immersive experience to all spoken word audio. To do that we’re using Natural Language Processing and Entity Recognition technologies to automate the detection of relevant, interactive content. You will have a leading role in the development of our automation platform for detecting content based on the metadata and transcript of a podcast.
Our initial proof of concept uses off the shelf NLP technology to generate content, but you will work with the rest of our engineering team to develop this further: generating time-aligned content based on audio transcripts, incorporating user-feedback to improve accuracy, and using topic modelling to power a more advanced search and generate better recommendation than what’s currently available in all of podcasting.About us
We are a fast-growing startup with a small, dynamic team and a lot of momentum. So far this year we’ve won a Webby, been awarded a Google DNI grant, raised our latest funding round and we’re just getting started! Based in High Street Kensington amongst other startups in the Founders Factory offices, we have a host of Slack channels, beer fridge, regular team lunches and lots of quiet working spaces for breakout and brainstorming. The Entale Product Development team is the core of our startup and comprises engineers, product designer & product lead working together to build out the Entale platform.
- A background in NLP, specifically entity detection or topic modelling.
- Experience with deploying machine learning models into a cloud-based production environment.
- Enthusiastic about working closely with product managers & designers to help define the product.
- Passionate about creating a business and a culture that promotes innovation and excellence.
🙌 Nice to haves
- 2 or more years experience as a data scientist.
- Previous experience in a lean startup or similar fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about podcasts
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Front-End Developer at Trint
- Head of Growth at Honest Health
- Senior Product Designer at allplants
- Instructional Designer - Game Development at Code Kingdoms
- Content Writer at Code Kingdoms
- Senior Data Scientist at OurPath
- Customer Success Manager at Canvas