We’re looking for a super-talented Midweight – Senior UI Designer with a background in digital and a passion for creativity, to join our design team. You’ll be based in our Farringdon office working on a range of exciting projects, including website and product design, brand identity, social marketing and content creation, for startups and household names alike.
Where does this job fit into the organisation?
Hex has grown rapidly over the past few years from boutique to established digital agency, and with this growth comes exciting opportunities and inspiring clients. This role will be within our design team, reporting into the Head of Design and working closely with the UX, Motion Designers and a raft of other creative minds and experts in all functions of the agency. We expect you to be brimming with ideas, challenge yourself, to grow and develop, and create jaw-dropping designs.
How many projects will I be working on at a time?
We actively work with a range of clients, covering large product-focused work, smaller digital and print design projects and monthly retainers for both established names and marketplace challengers. Some weeks will be entirely focussed on large projects and pitches, whereas others will include getting stuck into smaller briefs and problem-solving for our retained clients.
What will my personal space be like?
Our Farringdon office is open-plan; you’ll have a spacious desk next to the rest of the design team with personal storage space. We have several spaces for collaboration, such as meeting rooms and sofas and kitchen and shower facilities on-site.
What is the hardest part of this job?
You will need to be an expert at creative thinking, juggling priorities and working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced industry where things can change with little notice. There’s a lot of space to learn, grow, and supercharge your career.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Drive the design direction across website projects with the ability to produce polished work from inception through to completion.
- Understand what is possible, what is not and when to push the boundaries.
- Work hard, be passionate about what you do and have fun while you're doing it.
What we’d like to see in you:
- Extensive agency experience as a digital designer.
- A beautifully designed, diverse portfolio of work across showing your versatility as a designer across both branding and digital design.
- Highly proficient in the industry standard design software, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Invision and other prototyping software.
- A creative mind able to strategize and execute ideas with other designers and members of the wider team.
- Ability to work closely with engineers and the development team to bring your designs to life digitally.
- High standards when it comes to output / execution with a meticulous attention to detail.
- A cool head and able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Up to date knowledge of industry trends.
- Good communicator and not afraid to bring ideas to improve the design process.
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Product Manager at ContentCal
- Software Engineer (Integrations) - Spanish Speaker at Wagestream
- Full-stack Engineer at Stotles
- Lead Backend Developer at Maison Sport
- Full-stack Software Engineer at Alva Health
- Head of People at Yapily
- Ruby on Rails developer at LearnerShape
- Graphic/Web Designer at SPYSCAPE
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Data Engineer at Rotageek Ltd